Chapter 29

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (that goes to Uncle Rick), neither do I own anything from the MCU (that goes to Marvel Studios)

Annabeth P.O.V.

I was busy decapitating creatures and hellhounds as I felt a great rush of wind pass me.  When I looked up I saw it was a black pegasus with a boy who had even darker hair. Oh Percy, what did you anger now?

And then I felt it. The cold sense of time stopping. I was there most of the times when Kronos played this trick, so I know it pretty well by now. I still can't move to my fullest extent, but I can move more and faster  than most people can under the influence of Kronos's time stopping. If it really is him then Percy will need some backup. I scan the field for any movement or a blonde head like Luke's. Luke, it still hurts to say or think his name.

The only thing that seems to be moving is a black bat-like thing. Is this the new body Kronos has chosen? What happened to Luke's body?

As soon as the dreadfully cold feeling passed and everyone around me continued as if nothing had happened, I sped off into the direction of Black Jack and the bat-like figure, following them closely.

A million questions ran through my mind as I chase (Chase 😂) after Percy on my pegasus, Buttercup. What type host for a body did Kronos choose now? Where did he find it? How did he get out of the pit? Is it even Kronos? And most importantly, what is Percy doing?! I swear to all the gods, that boy has absolutely no self control! I leave him alone for a few hours and he's already managed to get chased across a battlefield by an ancient Greek deity, who should be dead, and to anger me!

Around me the battle is thinning as I follow Percy. There is less fighting and less people/monsters/creatures. Every here and there there are a few clusters of battle. I understand Percy's plan, he wants to get Kronos as far as possible away from all the other people. So he, by this I mean Percy or Kronos, can't hurt anyone. Now obviously I love Percy, but his power scares me sometimes. He can make huge hurricanes, tidal waves, storms big enough to destroy cities and he can erupt volcanoes. That's all fine and what not, but there is a different side to his powers that he has barely even touched. And I hope it stays that way. Some things just aren't meant to be controlled. (Beautiful quote, thank you Uncle Rick)

To get back to my point, when Percy creates a huge wave everyone around him suffers from it, not just his enemies, but also his allies. That is why Percy needs space to defeat Kronos. So he won't have to worry about the safety of the ones around him, but only about killing Kronos and getting back alive.

Don't you dare say that I'm a liability to Percy's extent by following him here. I can take care of myself, thank you very much. I'm here to make sure Seaweed Brain doesn't do anything too stupid.

Talking about Seaweed Brain, he seems to have come to a stop right above a huge river. Seeing as we are in the Northen part of Africa the rivers here are full of crocodiles and hippos. Although you can't always see the crocs, know that they are there and that they are waiting. The hippos' backs are visible from the sky and some of their heads are sticking out aswell. There's absolutely no one in sight or earshot.

Percy landed Black Jack not too far from the river, I land next to him and Kronos hovers 10 feet above us and 20 feet away from us. Neither of us dismount our pegasi.

"Hey," I wisper to him, not taking my eyes off of Kronos. The titan couldn't possibly hear us.

"Hi," he whispered back with every ounce of gratitude he has in him. He doesn't take his eyes off Kronos either.

"This is Kronos right?" I asked him. I was probaly right, since I've only seen these golden eyes on one other person before in my life.

He nodded grimly.

"Ah, I see your little blonde princess, who my old host was ever so fond of, has joined us," he said in his usual sickly sweet voice. The amount of disgust he placed on 'little blonde princess' truely is amazing. I want to rip him limp from limp for what he put all of us through. For manipulating Luke, killing my friends and family, for destroying countless lives and many other things.

What happened next is only possible to happen from years of training together and knowing the other one better than yourself. We attacked Lord Kronos head on.

Ok so this is a pretty long chapter, but not much really happens in it. Sorry about that,  I guess it's just the way I write? Anyway, the next chapter should be action filled and what not.

Enjoy life and don't die!!!

-LadyLlama13