ONE - blackbird

┌                                                                 ┐

└                                                                 ┘

"all your life... you were only waiting for this moment to arise."

(the beatles, blackbird)

•••

Gianna Valentina Rossi could have sworn that she had prepared for every possible outcome leading up to her first day in the Behavioral Analysis Unit. But one thing she didn't plan for was the possibility of hating her boss- let alone him hating her. The 28 year old FBI agent wasn't necessarily known for her intellect, but she was notorious for her sharp tongue and her quick wit. As a child, her teachers constantly warned her that talking back to her superiors would result in a great deal of trouble once she grew up, but she never had much of a problem with it. Gianna was never rude to her superiors, but she believed that respect was earned- not given. So when Aaron Hotchner, chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit in the FBI blatantly disrespected her in front of her colleagues, she knew that her start in the new unit would be rockier than expected. But let's start from the beginning... shall we?

"Shit!"

Gianna cursed to the gods as fresh, hot coffee spilled down her brand new shirt, leaving her chest scalding and raw. She had just poured herself a cup of coffee as she was about to leave her uncle Dave's house to go to her first day on the job at the BAU. She had gotten ready at her house around an hour before, but Dave wanted to take her to work- considering they would be coworkers in addition to being family. 

"Gi, what's wrong?"

Dave came through the front door to see Gianna's new shirt soiled with hot coffee. The young woman looked up to him in despair.

"I accidently tripped in these stupid heels-"

Gianna furiously kicked off the black torture chambers to the side of Dave's doormat before looking in the mirror and groaning again in misery.

"And I spilled this coffee all over myself."

Dave rolled his eyes and waltzed over to the kitchen to grab a towel for Gi.

"I told you not to wear those, Gigi- you are clumsier than a drunk sorority girl."

Gianna tied up her hair before stomping into her uncle's room. She frantically pushed aside the dress shirts he had one by one, looking for one that might work for the day.