[28] Questions

You could never forget the way he grumbled as he dragged you outside.

Chuckling to yourself, you faced him with a smile. "If it makes you feel better, Killua, I can use my Nen ability to pinpoint her location," you say, raising a finger.

Killua stopped in his tracks, whirling around to face you. "You have a Nen ability?!"

"Yeah! The one I use to look for living things, remember?" you sigh, placing your hands on your hips.

'Oh, that's right, (Y/N)'s odd ability where her aura is almost in a Zetsu state,' he thought, putting a hand to his chin in thought.

Slowly, he started to remember bits and pieces of your ability. How faint your presence was no matter how close you were, and how quickly and precisely you could locate living beings.

"–But wait, doesn't your hair float around when you do that?"

Your eyes widened at Killua's question, as if you just remembered. "Well... yeah, it does."

"Then, it's not worth risking. It's going to attract way too much attention..." he sighs. "I'll just text Alluka. That should be enough for now," he says, pulling out his phone and rapidly typing a message.

You step closer, taking a quick look at what Killua typed.

Oi, where are you?

"...Hey, isn't she going to get mad if you ask her that?" you sweatdrop, pointing at the phone screen.

"It won't matter. I just need a reply," was all Killua said before pressing send.

Both of you stood there in silence. In just a few seconds, you saw a new message pop up on his screen.

Your face lit up. "Ah! She replied! That was fast..."

With no time to waste, Killua immediately opened the message.

>:(

You sigh once more. "See? I told you she'd be mad."

"Idiot! I'm telling you, that's fine! At least we know she's safe!" he exclaims, grumbling in annoyance as he pockets his phone aggressively.

'Well, someone's in a bad mood today,' you thought to yourself, smiling unknowingly at his grumpy frown and slightly puffed-out cheeks.

Killua makes eye contact with you for a split-second, before averting his eyes just as quickly. "A-Anyways, we should probably look around. It's weird if we're just gonna stand here until it's time to go."

"Oh, right! We should!" you snap out of your daze as your mouth formed an 'o' shape. "Well then, where do you wanna go?"

"Beats me. I didn't wanna go out in the first place," he sighs, looking back at the plushie store where Alluka probably was.

Noticing where his gaze landed, you shook your head as you smiled to yourself. "Admit it, you knew this was coming." You stepped closer to Killua, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He raised an eyebrow at you. "Knew what was coming?"

"You knew Alluka was gonna do something like this. She always wanted to do things on her own." With a gentle tone, you gave him a knowing smile.

He only stared at your smile, before looking down at the floor. "Yeah, I knew. It's just... I was ready to spend the rest of my life protecting her, you know?" he mumbles.

"But you gotta let Alluka protect herself sooner or later."

He sighs deeply, slumping his shoulders in defeat. "Yeah, yeah. I get it already," he groans, before grabbing your hand and dragging you away.