37

The ding of the toaster alerted Xiao Zhan when he whiffed the aroma of hot coco. He needed to take his breakfast quickly or it would get too late for him to take his medicine. Surprisingly, he slept a lot last night and there weren't any nightmares either.

He was happy after all. He had been waiting for his nephew's call for days and it arrived only last night. Pei Xin told him how his mother got angry and Xiao Zhan didn't even want to imagine that. But in the end, it was good news.

Aside from that, it was weekend. That meant, it was time for Xiao Zhan's session and for once, he was eager to go.

Humming along the sound of the birds, Xiao Zhan walked the path where little kids were skipping end to end. Ring of their laughter filled him with warm sensation, affirming that the day would only get better.

His destination this time was a barbeque restaurant. Back in Luoyang when he talked with his psychiatrist, Xiao Zhan offered to take him for Barbeque. He had broken too many promises already. He wanted that to change.

The moment he stepped inside the restaurant; the receptionist led him to the private dining room – He had already booked the table two nights before. Xiao Zhan chuckled seeing the psychiatrist, struggling to put together the equipment.

Is he nervous?

"Always early huh? Let me help you." Xiao Zhan moved over and took the light bar from psychiatrist's hand and attached it with the tripod that laid forgotten on the floor.

"Ah! Thank you." The psychiatrist said with a mild smile, plugging in the wires in theratapper.

"Would you like to eat or have the session first?" Xiao Zhan asked, even though it should be the other way around.

"Ah, it depends on which event will you narrate today." The psychiatrist replied fixing all the fires himself. Xiao Zhan thought for a moment and replied, "I will probably talk about my daughter."

"Ah!...Isn't that a step ahead already?" The psychiatrist was caught off guard. Since they were going in order, the next incident should be the Readapt Testing Lab.

"I could talk about the Readapt Testing Lab but..." Xiao Zhan sat down, after looking at the equipment – an excellent job he did.

"But what?"

"But I don't remember it." Xiao Zhan said with a sheepish smile. It was one of the memories that he had forgotten. A memory where Wang Yibo was not involved.

Before the psychiatrist could heave a sigh of relief, Xiao Zhan added.

"I don't remember what happened but I do remember what I felt back then."

"What did you feel back then?" Psychiatrist asked unsure.

Xiao Zhan looked at the psychiatrist, straight into the eyes. There was not even a flicker in those pupils. In the emptiness of the room, the silent drop of water traveled through the chill glass simultaneously as Xiao Zhan said,

"I really wanted them to just kill me."

How did the air become so thick?

Xiao Zhan wanted to talk to Zheng Fanxing, about the incident. But the latter had been busy with his duties as a trainee assistant intern. Xiao Zhan didn't have it in him to ask him out on his free day.

But he never could have guessed that the fellow victim would chose to go to the hospital. Xiao Zhan still felt terrified to stay in the hospital for too long, it was one of the reasons he requested to have sessions any other place. Contrary to him, Zheng Faxing faced his trauma head on.