Chap 13 - Home

Hetal's POV

In the afternoon, I got a call from Rudra's maid Shanta tai, the same old woman who was there on the wedding night to welcome me at home sorry Rudra's home. As I knew I have to leave after one year, so I cannot call it 'my home'

Shanta tai had something urgent to look after at her home, so she had to trouble me to make dinner.

I could have refused, but I was his wife now. So I said yes, eventually. I even asked the maid about Rudra's taste in food as I never knew about "my husband's" choice.

Yes, I indeed started liking him. He was not rude or arrogant as the media showed him.

I went to the supermarket to buy some different kinds of flour, curd, and several kinds of vegetables right after work. After collecting the ingredients for the dishes which I had to prepared for today's dinner, I went back home.

I was brought up by my grandma, so I had learned how to cook from her when I was a little girl.

Though I hadn't cooked for a while, I still knew the art well. I started to make dinner after I tied my long hair in a bun and put on an apron. I was busy cooking in the kitchen when Rudra got "home". Yes home I was really happy here compared to my house with my mom and stepfather.

"The dinner is almost ready. Wash your hands and then we can have dinner together, " I said to Rudra. I had noticed the sound of the door opening, so I leaned out and said to him.

"Why are you standing still there?" I called him as I felt he was lost somewhere. He said he will freshen up and then come downstairs till the time I was ready with the dinner.

After seeing the dinner, which was already served, he was in shock and his mouth open and I chuckled

"Did you make all these dishes by yourself?" he asked me,

"Yes." I nodded. It was no big deal for me.

After tasting the food he complimented me "It's good." For me, the biggest achievement of cooking was to feed people by love and also to get praised for my food.

When we were eating suddenly Rudra's phone started ringing. He was avoiding the call

I thought that Rudra didn't answer so as not to piss me off. " I guess he started caring for me, so even I should care for his feelings.

"Is that Riya?" I questioned and he just nobs. "Answer it. Maybe she is an emergency."

Frankly speaking, I didn't care much about the relationship between Riya and him. But he was my husband and I never wanted to force my right on him as a wife, I was okay by this life of mine where I have peace of mind and freedom to do things by my way.

"Wait there. I'm coming to get you." He hung up the phone and quickly grabbed his car keys from the drawer near the door and rushed out. He even forgot to say goodbye to me and that hurt.

Gazing at the dishes on the table, I suddenly lost all my appetite.

"What are you thinking?" I knocked at my head and said to myself. "She is a real girlfriend. You are just a fake wife. Why do you feel upset about this now?"

My eyes were watery and I never knew why I guess because I started liking him and this action of him hurt me. I comforted myself. Then I cleared the table and went back to work on the plan.

Rudra's POV

I wanted to solve the puzzle of her identity by trying her dishes. But when I saw her wearing an apron, a word flashed into my mind, 'Home.'

She was mesmerizing me, by her behavior, simplicity, politeness, and dedication to her professional work and now as a good wifey.

"Why are you standing still there?" I came back from my dream world when she called me out.

I told her, that "I, will be back in 5 minutes after freshening up"

I changed into more comfortable clothing as in track pant and t-shirt and washed my hands. When I came downstairs at the dining table, she had finished cooking. She had served a rich dinner on the table already.

"Did you make all these dishes by yourself?" actually I was shocked and my mouth was wide open I couldn't help but ask her.

"Yes." Mittali nodded.

"I got to know from the maid that you like light taste in your food. Have a bite. If you don't like it, I'll make some adjustments later." Mittali handed me the spoon and watched me take a bite of the sweet dish 'Gulab Jamun" my favorite. "How do you like it?" she asked.

I was shocked to see "The Thali" which she served it had gulab jamun, khandavi, rice, dal, chapatti and aloo ki sabji along with buttermilk.

"It's good." I said, but the truth was "it was excellent", the taste was just perfect according to my choice, as I didn't have a habit of spicy food right from my childhood.

"Is it possible for a lady to cook so well?" I wondered

I was brought out of my thoughts when my phone rang, I cast a glance at it and I frowned with anger.

I didn't answer it, but the phone kept ringing again and again. It was approx ten miss calls.

It was for the first time in this one and a half years that, I was in no mood to talk to her.

"Is that Riya?" Mittali questioned and I just nob. "Answer it. Maybe she is an emergency."

I didn't fullyexpress her thoughts, but I understood what she meant.

I answered the phone in a fit of pique. Riya said in a weak trembling voice, "Rudra, help..."

I immediately frowned and asked anxiously, "What happened, Riya? Where are you?"

Her weak voice frightened me. Mittali cast a glance at me and then lowered her head to continue eating.

I anxiously asked. "What on earth happened to you?"

"I..." Riya managed to hold back her malaise and said, "I came to visit Mr Naik . We were talking about business just now, but he suddenly began touching me inappropriately. I was afraid to offend him, so I made an excuse to go to the washroom and he is continuously banding the door. I won't be able to keep it close too long.

I understood what must have happened.

"Wait there. I'm coming to get you." I hung up the phone and quickly grabbed my car keys from the drawer near the door and rushed out. I even forgot to say goodbye to Mittali.

**************

एक अच्छा "रिश्ता हमेंशा हवा" की तरह होना चाहिए
खामोश" मगर हमेशा "आसपास"