12

~ phoenix ~

I felt hot. Too hot.

Groaning, I kicked off the hundreds of sheets and even a leather jacket that covered my sweating body. Even then, the rooms felt like it was 100 degrees. Where was I?

My legs felt stiff and my arms hurt. Wait, didn't I escape? So where was I now? The past day felt like a blur in my mind. I couldn't remember anything. Suddenly, I sneezed, and a rough cough followed.

I slowly sat up and looked around in the darkness. From the little light pouring in from a balcony, I could make out just the bed I was lying on and the door a few metres away. Should I leave?

As I moved to get up, my hand touched something warm behind me. My head shot to the left to see a dark figure sprawled beside me. What the hell? I crawled a little closer and squinted at the face. It was him.

Oh my god, I was in Ilya's bed!

With a yelp, I fell off the side of the bed. The impact sent a painful jolt through my aching body. Ouch.

A few silent moments later, two silver eyes peeked over the side of the mattress.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he rasped, in his deep, husky, accented voice.

Why did my stomach flip? "I-I'm in your bed," I stammered. How—

"Shut up. Get in the bed and sleep."

I was speechless. Since when...? My mouth hung open as I gawked openly at his tousled hair and the rough stubble on his jaw. Wait, this was Ilya right? Scowling, I shot back, "No-" sneeze "-I won't sleep in your bed." Sneeze.

Ilya let out an aggravated sigh. "Get back under the covers, сука, or-"

"Or what, suka?" I mimicked.

He rose intimidatingly above me and stepped off the bed. Then, the motherfucker dared to wrap his arms around me and lift me onto the bed.

"No!" I squealed, as his fingers dug into my sensitive sides. "Stop, I don't wanna sleep here!"

"I didn't give you a choice."

"Okay, Okay," I conceded, feeling his grip loosen, "how about I sleep on the flo-"

SNEEZE!

"глупая идиотка," he muttered in Russian. [stupid idiot girl]

But I wasn't deaf. I heard the word 'idiot'. "Hey, I'm not an idiot just because I don't want to sleep next to you."

Ilya actually had the audacity to groan, despite keeping me here. "Will it make you feel better if I left, сука?" he asked.

I grinned, victoriously. "Yes, it would, suka," I answered sweetly.

"Well, that's too bad isn't it?" he retorted before flopping down beside me and closing his eyes.

It was too bad. Gritting my teeth, I moved to climb off the bed but a hand shot out to trap my wrist in an iron grip.

"Let me go," I seethed, clawing at his hand. Sneeze.

"Sleep," was the gritted response.

With a loud and exaggerated groan, I fell back. But not before building a fortress of sheets and pillows between us. That defence failed because he broke the wall when burying me beneath a mountain of blankets.

"I'm hot," I complained.

No answer.

"Ilya!" I insisted, "It's so hot!"

After an agonising minute, he removed one blanket. ONE BLANKET? God, it still felt like the Sahara in here but I swallowed my fruitless cries and attempted to sleep, drowning in my own sweat.

The key word being there was attempted because when the sun rose out of its never ending slumber and the monster disappeared somewhere, I'd felt like I hadn't slept for years.

PING!

The sound of an alert echoed in the room. I rose from beneath the dozens of sheets and blinked my eyes furiously as they tried to adjust to the bright light. The room was very minimalistic. In fact, the only tones I could see were subtle greys and startling blacks. On the wall opposite the bed was a mammoth sized flat screen. The only other items of furniture here were a tall armoire and a large sofa.

My eyes zoomed onto the noisy culprit that lay on the dresser. His phone.

Sneakily, I bounded across the room. A message appeared on the lock screen.

'URGENT: STILINSKIS WANT TO MEET'

Huh, that was my Mom's maiden name.

The sender was Aleksey, that cruel bastard. I tried to open the damn phone but it was locked. All of a sudden, I heard the click of a door.

Panicked, I dashed back onto the bed and sat innocently, gazing around the room like it was nobody's business. Ilya materialised out of the en-suite, wearing nothing but a pair of dark sweats.

Ugh, that bastard waltzed around like I wasn't even here. I totes my eyes away from his chiselled chest and instead hummed a tuneless melody as I inspected my nails. I felt his suspicious gaze fall on me before he looked away.

Suddenly, I shot up. When he looked at me, I sent him a ruthless glare and strutted into the en-suite. If I was going to be kept by force in a lavish penthouse, I was going to make use of all the facilities. As I stripped out of his shirt, my bra and panties, I heard him speak outside. He was most likely on a phone call.

I ignored the monster and walked into his glass shower. God, I hadn't even washed my face in days. I used his soap to lather my body and sighed under the hot spray. After I was done, I found a towel and wrapped it around myself. Then, I peaked out the door. Ugh, he was still there.

"Ahem," I loudly cleared my throat.

The bastard didn't even flinch.

"Hello? Ilya?" I bellowed.

At last, he turned towards the direction of the en-suite. My eyes met his as I ducked my body behind the door.

"I need clothes."

The silver eyed devil muttered beneath his breath as he moved towards his closet.

"No!" I yelled. "Feminine clothes, you idiot."

His bright eyes sparked with annoyance as he grabbed a random shirt and threw it at the door.

"Hey! I actually need," cough, "feminine products," I lied, "so you don't want me to wear your clothes."

Oh my god, the bastard looked unphased. What the hell?

"Keep it, it's all yours," he grunted. "I'll get Mila to get you clothes and feminine products later."

Once again, I stood open mouthed, gawking at the monster who never once failed to surprise me. Angrily, I picked up the shirt and slipped it one. It was a dark button down, and to my horror, the gaps between the buttons were large enough to allow peaks into my body.

I wrapped the towel around myself over the button down and stepped out. He didn't even look at me. After slipping on his watch and pocketing his phone, he made a move towards the door.

"Don't touch anything, don't go anywhere, don't do anything, got it?" he ordered, looking back at me with warning in his stormy irises.

Despite the exasperation flaring in my chest, I put on a sickly sweet smile and said, "Yes, suka."

𝑥𝑜
𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖎