winterfell

The day of arrival had finally snuck upon Winterfell. King Robert Baratheon had arrived making his long awaited arrival. The Starks stood as a united house in line awaiting the arrival of the royal family. The kingsguard galloped with their horses in first and little Arya Stark couldn't help imagine how powerful it must've felt to be able to look down and see everyone smiling with admiration at your golden armour.

Behind them was no other than Prince Joffrey. The oldest son of Cersei Lannister and the king but not their oldest. Robb turned to his younger sister Sansa and noticed the blush on her cheeks as she made eye contact with the golden prince. Robb kept an icy cold glare on the young prince, having always played his part in keeping his sisters Arya and Sansa safe from wandering eyes. Joffrey returned the smirk to Sansa but it quickly disappeared when the prince took notice of Robb's frightening stare.

The royal banners waved proudly as the carriage that carried the queen regent and her three children arrived. It stopped and the door was open to reveal the rest of the Baratheon hold. Robert had bee the first to approach the Starks. Their house bowing in his grace's presence and Ned and Robert greeted each other. With humorous banter the two hugged each other - even with time going by the bond between the two clearly never faded away.

Ned Starks' eyes travelled to the young princess walking behind her mother. The Stark children's eyes widen because for a second they weren't able to tell the difference between who was Cersei and Joanna Lannister. Catelyn glanced to her eldest and saw him take a swallow when his eyes landed on the princess. She was her mothers daughter.

Cersei as a young lady was renowned for her beauty, creating feelings of lust and obsession amongst the lords and knights of Westeros. When the news had broken of the birth of her first born, unlawful and perverted men in taverns sang songs of Cersei's golden cunt which would birth another Lannister beauty. The songs were not far from the truth. The tale of Joanna's beauty was true. Her skin smooth as silk and tanned as if she'd been kissed by the God of Sun. Golden locks tied into braids that hung in the middle of her back, defined cheekbones and lips as healthy as plum. But it was her smile that captivated Catelyn. Unlike her mothers sour glare, the smile on Joanna's face brought light to her beautiful blue eyes.

"Take me to the crypt. I want to pay my respect." Robert ordered Ned

Cersei extended her hand as Ned gave a respectful kiss on it. Cersei glared at her husband as once again nor she or his children were important enough for him to see that they settle in castle.

"We've been riding for a month, my love. Surely the dead can wait."

Robert ignored her words as he walked off calling for Ned again. The Warden of the North sending the Queen Regent a sympathetic smile before following behind his king.

"Where's the imp?" Arya bluntly asked. Joanna smile grew in amusement as her mother walked off insulted by the little girls question. Her eyes travelled to Catelyn Stark. Joanna straightening the skirt of her blue dress as she curtsied.

"My lady, I am honoured that you welcome myself and my family into your home." She gracefully bowed to Catelyn. It caught the Stark children off guard - usually it was them bowing to the her and not the other way around.

"The honour is all mine princess Joanna. Sansa, will you please see to it that the princess is escorted to her room along with her brothers and sister." Catelyn asked. Sansa excitingly nodded her head as she encouraged Joanna to follow behind her. Joanna walked along side the red haired Stark but not before she turned her head back to take one more look at Robb Stark.

After Sansa had escorted Joanna to her new chambers, she made the decision to roam around the grounds. Partly because she knew her mother was in no laughing mood seeing that her Uncle Tyrion was no where to be found and she had no energy to be around Joffrey's boisterous attitude today.