Chapter 34: Collision

"Close your eyes" He whispered against my lips and placed his cold hands on my wet eyes, I flinched a little when his skin touched mine but let his touch melt on my closed eyes

"Close your eyes" He whispered against my lips and placed his cold hands on my wet eyes, I flinched a little when his skin touched mine but let his touch melt on my closed eyes. In trance I listened to him and did as he told me to until his hands disappeared and left me with an empty weird feeling behind.

"What do you hear?" He asked while slowly pushing the sticking strands out of my face as my chest heaved up and down and I opened my mouth to gasp for breath.

"Waves" I pressed out, not understanding what he was trying to do. "What else?" I flinched when his soft thumb wiped my last tear away.

"Your voice, m-mine" I licked over my lips while inhaling and exhaling deeply, hand's clenched into fists. "Listen carefully Y/n" I suddenly felt his arms around my waist pulling me slowly into his embrace while feeling his hot breath against the crook of my neck, I pressed my lips together at the fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

"I can hear you laughing. Laughing until these tears turn into happy tears, I can hear you telling your friends funny stories that made them burst into laughter, I can almost hear you smile widely, your eyes sparkle when you look at something you like" He whispered into my ear while I unconsciously digged my fingers into the fabric of his shirt.

I glanced up into his warm eyes which hit me right in the bones as I was fighting against my tears.

"Live Y/n" He glanced at the calm sea next to us with a nod towards the sea he took a step a back.

"The little mermaid has dreamt of the world above the shore but the world of the humans was a mess full of heartless monsters. I'm sure her world under the sea is less cruel than ours" He winked at me before turning around and walking back to where the blanket was placed on the sand.

My toes curled at the feeling of the wet sand underneath my feet, it was cold but it felt good almost like a tingle while walking towards the calm waves.
I decided to take a deep breath and do what he told me to, he wanted me to face my fears since the first day we have met.

First he tried to make me realize that my addiction to cigarettes was a wall I have built around myself to stay safe from my toxic thoughts.

The next thing he did was confronting me with the emotions I tried to burry within myself but he has awoken them, he made me feel things again.

Third, he appeared in my most vulnerable moment, he saved me from my nightmare and pulled me back to reality.

He led me through the path of trust, the path wasn't easy to walk, it was scary, haunting and dangerous but he protected me from falling. He caught me before I could fall and lastly he wanted me to swim before I could drown again.

I took a deep breath at the exciting feeling of the warm waves clashing against my feet. I took a step forward, letting the warm water caressing my legs and invite me to his world.