labor

Rose was exhausted. She was nine months pregnant, and she was ready to give birth. She had to pee ten times a night, and she never got comfortable enough to sleep well. Her feet hadn't been visible to her for weeks, and her back always hurt. Her belly was huge, and Harry had had to move several tables because she was constantly bumping her belly into them.

Harry was also tired. He had to help Rose up to use the bathroom at night, so he couldn't sleep the whole night either. He also did everything he could to help Rose get comfortable, including sleeping on the floor so she could lay over the whole bed. They were both ready to finally have the baby, but they knew that they would just be more tired when the baby was there.

"Harry?" Rose mumbled. It was three in the morning, and they had only gone to sleep two hours before. Harry grunted, his face pressed into his pillow. "I have to pee."

Harry sighed, but pushed himself up, stumbling to the other side of the bed to help Rose stand up. As Rose stood up, there was a large splash on the ground, making her freeze.

"The bathroom isn't that far away," Harry practically whined.

"That wasn't pee," Rose said, her voice shaking.

"What?" Harry asked.

"That wasn't pee," Rose repeated as she sat down on the bed heavily. All traces of exhaustion left Harry. His eyes grew wide and panicked.

"That was-"

"Yep," Rose confirmed.

"What do we do?" Harry asked.

"I'm guessing we go to the hospital," Rose replied. She let out a pained gasp and clutched her stomach as a contraction hit.

"We...we need to call our parents," Harry said, rushing to the other side of the bed to send a patronus to their parents.

"Where's the bags?" Rose asked.

"In the nursery," Harry said, tripping over his own feet as he ran into the nursery to grab their hospital bags. Several pops announced the arrival of their parents.

"What happened?" Sirius asked, his eyes wide as he looked around in panic.

"The baby is coming," Rose answered. Sirius let out a relieved sigh.

"Why'd you tell us something bad was happening?" James asked, his eyes wide.

"Cause I'm panicking!" Harry said.

"Stop panicking," Marlene said softly. "We probably have a few hours to finish getting ready here before we'll have to go to the hospital, okay? We need to stay calm and let everyone know what's happening."

"I can go tell everyone," James offered, stepping out of the room to do so.

"Tell us what's happening," Lily said as they helped Rose sit up on the bed, pillows all around her.

"My water broke right before Harry sent you the patronus," Rose answered.

"What about contractions?" Marlene asked.

"I had one about a minute ago," Rose said. "But I think I had some earlier. I thought it was just cramps or something."

"We don't have to go to the hospital until your contractions are three minutes apart and last forty five seconds," Marlene said. "If you're like me you'll be holding your baby in around two hours."

"If you're like me," Liy said. "You'll be in labor for over a day."

Rose groaned loudly, not wanting to be in labor at all. As much as she had wanted to finally meet her baby, now that it was actually time, she was scared.