Shock (7)

AN: Please hit that vote button before you move on

XXXX

Dimitri

I honestly wasn't even a bit surprised. My mate had made it pretty clear that she was just after money. But I at least expected her to wait after meeting me again. She was looking for me so why couldn't she wait until she found me before proceeding with her plan of marrying this guy? Did I really not mean anything to her? I mean even if she didn't pick me which hurts, she still needed me to have children. So, why was she rushing to get married despite not having me agree to her horrific terms? Damn it, woman are frustrating! The one second you think you know them, the next you realise you were lying to yourself all along.

"Now, I know of everyone who lives in this shitty village and your face is one I haven't seen before. Who are you...Mr Postman?" a female's voice spoke out of nowhere breaking my train of thought. I was really annoyed right now and even more so pissed at the opposite sex for the sins of my mate and now some female dared speak to me. I slowly looked up to face the woman who dared to speak to me and saw the bartender eyeing me with what I could only assume as suspicion. I know for a fact that it was not the seductive eyeing that I have received from countless women. The look she gave me was the kind that you had when you are trying to figure out something. What was she trying to figure out about me?

So, I decided to return the favour and eye her too. The first thing my heartbroken soul could sum up about her was that this was the first time I saw a human female working in a bar full of men at this rather late hour. There was a dim light just above her head which made this woman's dark chocolate skin glow brightly. It almost seemed as if she was the light that was glowing up the room and not the other way around. But that is not possible. Also, what on earth was on her head. That surely cannot be her hair. Again, the fact that this woman is working in a bar full of men! Men who once drunk could easily overpower her and even harm her. Why would she choose a job such as this? But right now, I had other more prominent things on my mind than the safety of this young woman. Besides, she seemed to get along with most guys here. She knew everyone's names and even the drinks they wanted before they asked for them so, she was in good hands. Yet, a part of me wanted to make sure that this woman got home safe.

"Do you speak?...I mean you have been sitting at this bar for the past couple of hours just staring at that letter and haven't had a single drop of your drink." She spoke again. At her comment, I finally looked away from her and turned my gaze down to see the glass of beer I had ordered hours ago still filled to the brim untouched. She was very observant of me which I did not appreciate. I was already feeling down, and I did not need the criticism right now. But she was also very right, I had been sitting here for way too long. Now is not the time for me to be sitting still.

"I actually am about to leave. How much for the drink my lady?" I asked and stood up. I pulled out my wallet to pay for the drink I had not even tasted so I could head out. The drink before me smelt terrible. I do not know how these humans were managing to drown a cup in a matter of minutes. Besides, I needed to sleep early anyways. I had to wake up early to travel back to see my precious mate. I wasn't going to let her leave me without a fight. If she didn't love me then I was going to love her for the both of us.

"Oh so formal Mr. Postman, if I didn't know any better I would think you were of royal decent. You are in a bar, just call me Becky. I am no lady. Besides, I loathe everything royal and that includes titles," the woman firmly said. Her comment made me look at her again. And as I looked at her again, it was now very apparent that based on looks alone she was the total opposite of my precious mate.

For some odd reason, the statement Becky made only caused my curiosity to peak on her. I now wanted to know what caused her to hate the royals so much. After all, I am going to be king and maybe I could fix whatever it was that made her hate us so much. This was after all the reason why I had to go through these four months. To better understand and thus serve my people when I do take on the title. Then I saw the clock behind Becky and saw that it was 11pm. I did not realise how much time I had spent in this bar until now. I needed to get home before Damien thought that something was wrong with me. I guess this conversation with Becky would have to wait for another day. I had places to be at right now.

So, I dropped some cash and turned to leave. "Oh wait the drink was only 25 bucks, I will go get your change quickly," she replied.

Considering I was a postman, that change was a lot indeed. But since I hadn't been eating human food for a while, I had quite a bit of money saved up. "Well then, Becky keep the change and have a goodnight," I said. I didn't wait to see her reaction. But I would bet on my life that it resembled one of shock.

XXXXXX

QOC: How do you deal with stress? I need helpful tips so do comment them and I will take notesOh and don't forget to vote

XXXXXXX