t h i r t y o n e

Aurora quickly scrambled out of the elevator and towards Xavier's room, dodging everyone and everything that was in her path. When she got near, she could hear shouting coming from his room—not that she was surprised.

"I'm fucking fine, now tell me where the hell Aurora is before I sue your asses."

She paused in the doorway as she stared at her angry boyfriend. He was sitting up, screaming at the doctors and nurses who were crowding him. His parents were in the corner watching the scene unfold as if it were the most normal thing to witness.

Aurora felt her eyes begin to water as the emotions finally came crashing down on her all at once.

"Mr. Knight, you need to calm down-"

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down when-" He paused when he finally noticed Aurora standing at the doorway. He took in her disheveled stated as her tears began to make their escape. He beckoned her to him, opening his arms wide.

"Come here, sweetheart."

His words were enough to break her out of her trance and she quickly ran to him, launching herself onto him as she cried. He let out a soft groan when he caught her in his arms, embracing her tightly.

"You idiot," she bawled, causing his eyes to widen slightly. Well, this wasn't the 'hello' he expected to come out of her mouth the moment he woke up.

Isabella and Alexander watched them with soft knowing expressions on their faces. It soon turned into amusement as they watched their son get scolded by Aurora. And despite her rambling, he was listening to her words carefully. One by one, everyone began to leave the room, wanting to give the couple their space.

"You fucking idiot," she repeated, smacking his chest. Her words were jumbled as she quickly ranted, venting her frustration out on her attentive boyfriend. "You could've gotten even more hurt. I mean, what were you thinking?— no, you weren't thinking at all. You would've been fine if you had just stayed in your seat and sat still—we both have. But no, you have to play hero and act all macho and now, look where that got you. You were unconscious for a day, Xavier—a day. I love you and I won't be able to handle it if you get hurt again. Do you have any idea how worried I was? God, you're so frustrating and stubborn—you make me so angry som-"

Xavier captured her lips with his, effectively cutting her off from her ranting. Aurora's eyes widened with surprise, but she slowly began to kiss him back. It was a kiss of passion, one that held all the emotions the two of them were feeling. He brought his hand up to cup her face gently as he deepened the kiss.

He drew back, spending a moment to stare at her face. He watched as her cheeks reddened under his intense stare. Xavier gazed at her lovingly, his eyes softening with tenderness as he gently wiped away her tears. He tilted her face and kissed her again, this time his lips more demanding. He showered her with gentle and soft kisses, each with its own flicker of warmth.

Breathlessly, Aurora pulled back to gaze up at him as his arm tightened around her waist.

"What did you say earlier, love?" He mumbled, brushing away her hair from her face as he continued to study her.

"God, you're so frustrating sometimes?"

"Before that, sweetheart."

Aurora tilted her head in confusion. "You always play hero and look where that got you?"

Xavier chuckled, placing a kiss on her neck. "After that."

"I love you."

He smiled as she finally got it, demanding her to repeat those exact three words. "Say it again."