Chapter 7 - The Saiyans arrive

Tien, Krillin, Chiaotzu and Yamcha spend the next year training hard. They climb up to the lookout and start Mr Popo's gruelling training.
The loss of Goku and Piccolo and the discovery of someone even more powerful push them to train harder than ever. But they've only just finished and got to go home, when the Saiyans arrive. Sensing the huge power, they quickly rush out to where the Saiyans are.

Meanwhile, Alpha gets a good grip on the Kaioken and some higher multipliers, as well as learning the Spirit Bomb. Goku finally passes all the tests and moves on to learning the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb. He learns it quicker than Alpha though, due to him observing Alpha trying to do it whenever he got the chance.

Master Roshi, Oolong and Bulma spend the year gathering the dragon balls in case they need them and the Z fighters negotiate with Popo, the new temporary guardian to get two wishes.

It seems like the time is right to wish the now incredibly powerful pair back.

—————

"Hello Earthlings. This is Nappa. I am Vegeta. Tell us where the dragon balls are, and we'll spare your lives and this planet," Vegeta demanded.

"Sorry, but there's no way you're getting the dragon balls! We'd rather fight you instead!" Tien shouted.

Vegeta grins. "Well then, you won't have to fight me anyway. Let's see what your power levels are..."

Beep!

"The short one has a power level of 3500!"

Beep!

"The triclops has a power level of 3100!"

Beep!

"The tiny clown has a power level of 1800!"

Beep!

"The scarred one has a power level of 2300!"

Vegeta takes his scouter off and smirks. "A considerable feat, especially for humans, but you stand no chance against us. I'm far stronger than Nappa, and he's stronger than all of you! Nappa! Plant the Saibamen!"

Nappa runs forward and puts some seeds in the ground. Soon, small green animals dig their way out of the ground. One jumps at Krillin, who easily destroys it with a ki blast.

"What the hell are those things?!" Krillin yells with a disgusted look on his face.

"Saibamen. We discovered a way to grow powerful organisms like plants. Each one has the same power level as Raditz!" Nappa answers. "Before you fight us, you'll have to survive them!"

Krillin sighs and plants his feet. He creates a yellow ball of energy in his hand and thrusts it forward as a beam. "Scatter bullet!" The beam splits into five and curves towards the ground, destroying all the remaining Saibamen.

"We won't waste our time and energy fighting your 'minions'. Trying to wear us down before we fight is a cowardly move!" Krillin accuses angrily.

Vegeta's expression shows anger at this and Nappa notices. "Hold on Vegeta. There's no need for you to waste your energy. I'll take care of this." But before he can do anything, Chiaotzu jumps on his back and glows blue.

Tien shouts,"Chiaotzu! What are you doing? You can't throw away your life! We can't wish you back with the dragon balls a second time!"

"I'm sorry my friend, but I have to do this. For you and for the Earth. Goodbye!" Chiaotzu glows brighter and explodes. The explosion throws Nappa forward into a mountain, hurting him.

All that remains of Chiaotzu is dust, and ash.