1.00

SPENCER'S RIDE TO THE AIRPORT WAS CURRENTLY BEING REASSESSED BY SHEILD PERSONNEL

She was going to miss the flight, no doubt, but that wasn't really her main concern. After all, she wasn't sure how she could think of anything other than the fact that her father, the quiet nerdy scientist, grew into the green giant when he had an off day. 

Okay. She had to backtrack a few times. Honestly, a lot more things were starting to make sense about Bruce - first of all, the whole thing about him getting angry. She had never seen him angry, but the Avengers had all seen him as the Hulk. Thus, Pietro's comments. 

It was also an explanation for his complete freakout in the middle of the night. He wasn't turning green because he was sick - he was Hulking out. 

There was a blur in front of Spencer, breaking her out of her storm of thoughts. Immediately, she ripped her hand from her mouth - nail-biting! - and stared up at Tony who was standing in front of her. 

A week ago, she'd never think she'd be so cool with talking to Tony Stark. She never even thought she would, two weeks ago. 

"Is he okay?"

Tony nodded. "He's alright."

Spencer nodded. 

It was night, now. It was barely noon by the time Spencer had been able to breathe again - she had hidden in a bathroom stall for half an hour, and then eventually started roaming the halls. When she found Natasha and Tony stationed outside a medical room, she sat down across from the door. 

Natasha was long gone. Thank God.

Tony met her eyes. 

"Can I see him?"

Spencer didn't even realize she asked the question until she had. Tony had expected it, though. 

Of course, he had. She'd been sitting outside this stupid door all day, waiting. 

Tony didn't say anything - he nodded instead, and Spencer immediately stood up, ignoring her faulty legs and sinking stomach. She had to go see her dad and make sure he was okay, because if he wasn't if something changed and they were still fighting-

Tony placed a hand on her shoulder. He said, "He didn't want you to find out this way."

Spencer shook her head, looking at the sleek black door. He didn't want me to find out at all.

She knocked, first - she figured it was the polite thing to do. She couldn't hear a response through the door, though, so she just kinda stood there for a second, thinking. Did she really want to talk to Bruce? After all that? What was she even supposed to say?

Tony was out of the hallway. Spencer could run. She could probably get as far as the gas station, on foot, considering the compound was in the middle of nowhere and -