Three

"Where were you off to so late?" My mother began her interrogation as she walked up to see me worriedly.

"She was getting me sweets." My brother explained saving me, winking as he came down the stairs.

I caught a glimpse of my other little ten year old brother Lou and my thirteen year old sister Anne snickering from the top of the stairs knowingly.

"She was was she?" My mom asked skeptically.

"I can be quite persuasive, especially when it comes to jellies." His eyes sparkled as he saw the sweets in my hand as I handed them over.

"You owe me." He whispered looking up with a smirk.

"Well, then you've got a good sister then."
My mother went along with the story whether she actually believed it or not.

My father came over to see the commotion with a grimace and an apologetic look.

"Let's get you to bed, you look exhausted." My mother said feeling my forehead to see if I were running a fever, escorting me up to my bed.
_____________________

A couple days later, my sister and I had gone for a walk, deciding to stop in the record store on Penny Lane for some new records since it was a mere ten minute walk from home.

I figured it would do me some good considering I just kept playing my Roy Orbison record and sulking in bed for the past day.

For some inexplicable reason I couldn't get him out of my head, no matter how hard I tried. He really had a hold on me, it seemed.

"You were out to see a boy when mum asked where you were, weren't you?" Anne inquired with a grand smile, as she must've been eavesdropping through the door as she always did.

"Was not, eavesdropper." I spoke narrowing my eyes at her, seeing her grin smugly with a shrug as I opened the record store door for her.

"I'm thirteen, not stupid." She muttered under her breath before going off to find her favourite artists, the Everly Brothers.

I huffed annoyedly beginning to look through the records, before overhearing some shuffling around from farther off, someone else in the store. I looked up curiously, seeing none other than John, flipping through some records nonchalantly, seeming to not yet realize my presence.

I couldn't believe it was really him, fate seemed to have done its work, though I may have subconsciously willed it, walking down the road I had met him on.

"You're taking the piss." I whispered looking up to the big guy upstairs begrudgingly before trying to sneak over to a wall where I could hide my face, panicked. I didn't know what I'd say, what I could say, he seemed to have shattered the bridge between us.

It was just when I had though I had carefully maneuvered myself out of sight when I heard him say my name from just behind me.

"Elle." His voice was quiet, almost making it seem like a question.

I turned around tensely, seeing his expression perk up a bit, a shadow of a smile peaking on his lips as he looked down warmly.

His face quickly became full of regret once he'd seen my fearful wide eyes, my lips parted without being able to seem to form a thought.

"Elle, I know I don't deserve it and that I was completely out of line, but I'd really like if I could make it up to you." His more genuine side was much more evident as he seemed to yearn for my forgiveness, making it so hard to stay angry.

He looked like a lost puppy, seeming completely sincere about his apology, compelling me to believe that he truly was sorry and made a completely idiotic misjudgement.