Forty-Nine: Louder than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

A/N: alive? Yessir. Started school. -12/10 to not recommend. This was mildly fun to write. First person to name the band, songs, and album gets a prize. (must name all the songs). No googling. Have fun. Here, is the traffic. Edit: @chiquitabananas won the contest

Percy P.O.V:

Finding Estelle? Easy.

Leaving with Estelle? Mildly more complicated.

I found her relatively quickly after I locked onto her energy. Running into minimal problems along the way, I was able to make great time getting to her. Sure there was the occasional asshole monster deciding to try and kill me, but they were minute inconveniences. 

Mortals usually don't appeal to monsters. Generally, they don't care. The only reason that there were so many surrounding her now were for two reasons:

1) She was an anomaly. Never before had a fully, 100% mortal entered the Pit. Much less a baby.

2) Tartarus had probably made 1 thing very clear before he left to face me and die: don't let the human leave the Pit.

I, of course, was here to get all of them fired from their monster-bodyguard club, and ruin the last remains of Tartarus' plan.

Very on brand for me, I know.

She was only a couple of levels down, and after spending 50 years here, I could navigate it fairly well.

She laying in a cradle-like box, which was more of a stone box with the top open than a cradle. It was placed on a thick pedestal in the center of an arena like area. Wonderful.

Surrounded her, were hundreds of monsters. I sighed. I needed some french fries and a nap. Rolling my shoulders into place and taking a deep breath, I readied myself. Let's hit the party with a gas can.

"HEY PUNKS! YEAH WHAT'S UP MOTHERFUCKERS? IT'S ME, YA GIRL. THAT'S RIGHT YOU THUNDER CUNTS, I'M BAAAACCKKK!"

In an instant, every eye was on me and all of them had fallen into battle stances.

"Perseusss,"  hissed a dracanae from the crowd. Their recognition of me brought several growls and incited quite a bit of name calling and taunting.

"Listen. If y'all just give me my sister right now, then we can all walk away; mainly you." I said, gesturing loosely to the box/cradle with my sword.

A deep chuckle came from the back of the crowd.

"If you think that we are going to just give you the human girl, you are sorely mistaken, halfbreed scum. Tartarus has ordered us to keep her here. Nothing you could say would change out minds and nothing you do will allow you to escape." Several similar threats followed, along with a lot of jeering from the crowd of monsters. I laughed.

"Tartarus? That crazy old bat? Yeah, he dead. I decked his ass not 2 hours ago. Ya boi? Deceased." 

The monsters shifted nervously, many doubtful, but several immediately taking my word for it. Any monster worth their fangs knew exactly what I was capable of.

"Impossible," came the response. "To defeat the dark master would be to defeat darkness. Your tricks do not fool us, sea scum. Crawl back to the mortal realm where you belong before we kill you." I sighed.

"Welp, guess I warned you. Prepare to die." And with that I charged.

The monsters were slightly unnerved and unprepared for my sudden attack. Apparently, they had expected more banter from me, all of them well versed in the most common demigod tactic: 'keep em talking'.

Riptide became a golden arc and the water I had brought down with me responded 70 times better than any liquid I could have used down here. Although the monsters had the home-court advantage, I had more drive and determination than all of them put together. I was going to save my sister.

My arms ached. My hands rubbed raw from my sword hilt. Somewhere along the way, my head wound opened back up and the blood was clouding the vision in my left eye. A pair of claws raked across my back and I groaned through the burning pain.

To distract myself from my pain and difficult situation, I began to hum, muttering some of the words along the way.

"...take it back now y'all." I muttered, my sword arcing as I spun.

"Criss-cross." Slash, stab.

"Criss-cross." Turn, jump.

"Cha cha real smooth." I brought my sword down and swept it in a wide slash, the water following my blade. The last of the monsters in my immediate vicinity disintegrating into dust.

But more just kept coming.

Taking advantage of my small moment of calm, I strapped the baby harness to my front and made a break for Estelle. To my great relief, she was unharmed except for a thin cut on her cheek, the blood already clotted and dry.

As gently as I could, I stuffed her into the harness and whispered a soft apology to her. This ride was about to get bumpy.

I pulled the salt water from around me. It wasn't as strong now, having been mixed with blood, monster dust, gravel, and whatever fowl chemicals resided in the air of the Pit, but it would get the job done.

Pulling it into a large shield like shape in front of me, I focused on pushing the water apart, molecule by molecule, until the hydrogen bonds linking them were moving so slowly the water froze. Yay chemistry.

Crouching down slightly, one hand out in front one wrapped around Estelle for good measure, Riptide in my pocket, I began to run.

The shield did its job, an unstoppable battering ram. It shoved monsters aside, tearing through the ever forming crowd like butter. Of course, those monsters simply regrouped and started chasing me from behind, but one thing at a time.

Holding the frozen shield in front of me took more effort than I cared to admit. Changing the very form of matter of something was a lot of work, especially when tired, wounded, in Hell, with your infant sister, after battling a primordial god and several hundred monsters.

Man do I need a vacation.

I kept running.

Keep running.

I almost laugh at my joke, except my lungs burn in protest. I sing in me head.

Sing it for the boys
Sing it for the girls
Every time that you lose it sing it for the world

I break a level.

Sing it from the heart
Sing it till you're nuts
Sing it out for the ones that'll hate your guts

Another.

Sing it for the deaf
Sing it for the blind
Sing about everyone that you left behind

A third.

Sing it for the world

A light ahead.

I push harder.

I scream.

My hand breaks through the flimsy membrane wall in front of me.

Sunshine.

I breathe.

I won.