50.

Meera's sudden disappearance from the palace had left a lot of questions marks in the mind of the residence.
Ammi Be had been inconsolable, she had demanded the guards and maids for every detail of the day since Meera had disappeared.

Inayat had turned her room upside down for any clue which would lead her to Meera. Haider all this while had stayed quite.

It was a month after Meera's departure, they all were assembled in Ammi Be's chamber.

Zulekha sat by the foot of the bed and Noor sat on the chair, Tahir and Haider stood in the corner with their arms folded.

"It's been a month, how can you be so inefficient, how couldn't you track my daughter ? Tahir where is she ?" Ammi be said in a distressed voice.

"Ammi Be please relax, you shouldn't stress -."

"How do i not stress, she is missing since the past month, how would she be, where could she have gone."

"Eloped with her lover maybe." Noor mumbled.

"That's enough Mahnoor."
Haider snapped.

"Really ?" Noor gave him a sharp look and got up from the chair. "Well keep looking for her and talking about her, I'm not interested." She said placing her hand on her baby bump and walking out of the room.

Noor walked past Haider and Tahir and stepped into the corridor. She mumbled to herself, cursing the characterless woman she once called her friend.

"Sunno ruko." She called out to a maid who was rushing with a tray of freshly ground medicine towards the west wing.

"Where are you going and what is this ?" She asked.

"Shehzadi sahiba this is Avantika Bibi's medicine, going to give it in her room."she said looking down at her feet.

"Okay give this to me and go get a glass of pomegranate juice for me." She said taking the tray from her and walking towards Avantika's room.

Noor entered the west wing where all the other women of the harem stayed, she asked someone passing by which was Avantika's room and entered.

"Assalam Walekum Shehzadi Noor." A young girl greeted her.

"Do you look after Avantika ?" Noor inquired and sat on the stool kept by the chair.

"I do Princess." The young girl said enthusiastically.

"Why haven't you given her, her medicines until now then ?" Noor said narrowing her eyes at her.

"Meera Baji always gave Avantika Bibi her medicine and after that Abhishek bhaijaan did." She said playing with her fingers anxiously.

"Alright now help me lift her head up I'll give it to her." Noor said getting up slowly from the stool and standing up.

As the little girl helped Noor raise Avantika's head, Noor slowly poured the medicine into her mouth.

Noor kept the bowl on the bed side and sat on the stool again while the maid slowly laid Avantika back.

As soon as Avantika's head hit the pillow,they hear Avantika choke on the medicine, followed by a bout of coughing.

"Lift her up." Noor said panicking. They pulled Avantika in an upright position and patted her back.

Avantika eyes shot open while she kept coughing, they patted her back as she choked on the medicine.

"Go call the Hakim." Noor said to the girl who rushed out.