7 | comfort

Jay~

Jay~

"How'd your date go?" I barged into Ally's house through the window, waking her up from her deep slumber.

"Too early for this." She mumbled between the blankets. I took off my shoes and joined her on the bed.

"It felt weird sending you off yesterday. You're growing up way too fast... in a blink of an eye, actually." I poked her shoulder, and she just shrugged me off.

"How about you? When are you gonna grow up?" Ally muttered, still half asleep. How does she even think of those things to say?

"When will you stop insulting me? I get it." I sighed and faced my back against her. I closed my eyes and tried to take a nap.

I rolled over and grabbed a pillow, hugging it tightly to my comfort. Ally must have just washed her sheets, because it smells really good like a baby. I then fell deeply asleep...

"Wake up Ally, brunch is already served-" her mom came in and immediately stopped in her tracks. Her eyes were wide and she seemed speechless, but I didn't understand why.

I fully opened my eyes and realized that I was hugging Ally the whole time, not a pillow! How long did we stay like this?

"Ew, get off me!" Ally slapped my arm away and I winced. I guess she didn't notice as well, since she's too tired.

"Yeah... so there's food downstairs. I didn't know Jay slept over last night; I would have cooked something better!" She didn't even let us explain, and immediately left the room.

"Sheesh, now she's gonna think bad things!" She stood up and walked around like it's the end of the world.

"So what?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"You're disgusting," She threw a pillow at me and I just laughed. I hugged her from behind and started sniffing her hair. "I haven't slept properly in a while, and you smell so good- your scent immediately put me to sleep."

"Stop hugging me, we're not eight anymore." Ally turned around but it was a horrible idea. Our faces were way too close and we accidentally locked gazes. This is so awkward.

"Sorry." I kind of panicked and let go.

Why do I keep panicking in front of her?

"Jay... do you have a crush on me?" She asked out of nowhere, a dead pan expression evident on her face. I kept waiting for her to say it's just a joke, but she seems really serious.

"I- what are you talking about? Why would I ever have a crush on you? I'd rather date my dog than you! Let's just eat..." I began sweating and tried grabbing the door handle, but she stopped me.

"You don't even have a dog." She rolled her eyes and we went downstairs together.

___________________________

Grade 7

Jay~

"I only joined band so I could go to camp." Ally giggled while packing up her clarinet. We just finished rehearsals, and the next thing on our schedule is to go hay riding outside. It's literally so dark out- what would we even see?

It's early February. We're currently stuck in the country side where there's no wifi or signal. It's very snowy and slippery, so the only few things we could do is skiing, skating, and other ice games... I'm so not into that. I just wanna go home already! Band practice is super boring too. The only good thing is the food, not gonna lie.

We put on our jackets and came outside to stand in a uniformed line. Everyone seemed so excited to go on the tractor, but all I could think of is "cold". It's freezing and they want us to ride that thing?

"Sit beside me." Ally grabbed my arm and dragged me along with her. Our feet dangled off the tractor, and I'm honestly pretty scared for my life.

"Hold on tight!" The driver said and I just rolled my eyes, totally not having it. The tractor abruptly started, and I ended up hugging the person right beside me.

"Scaredy cat. Just hold onto me the whole time, I'll protect you." Ally sarcastically offered.

"Look up! It's so pretty." I saw my classmate's eyes twinkle, and everyone's heads went back.

They're right. It really is beautiful.

Since we're in the countryside, there's no city lights nor loud noises. It's just fresh air and clear bright stars. I've never felt so close to them, and it amazed me.

"One day, I'll buy myself a star once I make my own money." Ally laid her head on my shoulders, and my heart began to beat twice as fast.

What is this feeling? I think it's because of how fast the tractor's going? The stars? Yeah, that's definitely it.

"Don't worry about it. It's gonna be me who buys you a star." I held out my pinky finger, and then and there...

I made a promise to a girl.

___________________________

Omg not Enha related but TXT's Japanese comeback today was so good ahhh

⭐️

Song: JUNNY (주니) — By My Side

(LYRICS: title is self explanatory, he's the most happiest when he's beside the person he loves)