Derek's dead.

Derek texted me back to say to stay put. Act normal. He, Peter, Cora, and Boyd would plan something and fill me in later.

Scott didn't agree with the plan and I didn't think it would work. Of course, Derek thought I should stay out of it because I didn't have claws. I told him I would be on stand-by. I heard the fighting below me and waited till they were over-powered. Deucalion gave Derek a choice to kill Boyd or have Kali kill Cora.

I was having enough of it and shot one of my blinding arrows at the floor they were on. I pulled another one from my bag when Alli showed up beside me. Together we shot arrows.

Everyone was able to get back up, but Scott went after Ennis. They collided, which pushed them both back. When Scott looked up, his eyes glowed red, then it was gone. Derek attacked Ennis from behind, pushing him and clawing at him. They both were dangerously close to the edge. Scott clawed at Ennis' calf and that made him and Derek fall off the side.

Derek was dead. Allison pulled me back, she pushed me in her car and drove. She stayed with me, slept in my bed with me. Derek was dead.

In the morning, Alli told me she was going to keep an eye on Scott, Boyd, and Isaac. Also secretively spy on Lydia, she asked if I wanted to come. I said no. When she left and Chris was busy with starting up his business again, so I went to where it all happened.

I went in the way I found last night, only this time I went down to where Derek fell. It seemed I wasn't the only one who was here. I saw Cora when I reached the floor. We didn't exchange words, we just inspected the blood, when we heard a small noise. Together we stood up ready to attack to see Peter.

"It's just me, your uncle. Uncle Peter."

Cora walked up the steps, "Uncle Peter who killed sister Laura."

"Mm, not my finest hour, no. But I'm hardly the only dysfunctional family member. Did Derek mention that he killed me too? Slashed my throat, ear to ear." He said smiling at us when we reached the top.

"You were better that way," I say to him.

"So that means I should trust you?" Cora accused. They went back and forth, Peter being Peter.

"What are you doing here, Peter? Besides annoying us."

"Same as you. Wondering where the bodies went. Wondering if they were carried out, or maybe if one of them managed to find enough strength to push themselves up off the floor and walk out. Leaving the three of us standing here to answer the all-important question."

"Which one?" Cora said.

I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, the n number was blocked but I still answered. "Hello?"

"Lena, it's Dr. Deaton. I was wondering if you could help me at the clinic." His voice sounded weird. He was trying to tell me something, without actually asking me something.

"Sure, I'm on my way." I looked up to the two of them. "I think one of them went to Deaton's."

I drove over, Peter and Cora following me. I knocked on the door that read "Open" but was locked. "Deaton?"

He came into my view and opened the door. "Come with me." I followed him to the backroom, where Ennis was lying on the table. Surround by the other alphas minus one of the twins. "This is Lena, she is going to help me."

"I am?" I ask him, as he gave me a look. "Lucky for you guys, I just took my nursing exam. You could possibly have a certified medical professional helping you out." I got gloves on and watched Deaton cut Ennis' shirt open.

His blood was black and he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

"Someone please turn the sign on the front door to "Closed." This could take a while." Deaton said. They were all crowded around us at the beginning, but they left a few minutes after we cut into him. You have to find what's wrong on the inside, then extract and stitch.

I talked to Deaton as I worked on Ennis' left side. "You know while my aunt was training me to be a hunter, whenever I cried she would ask me. 'How do we approach a situation like this?' It helped me stop crying when I had two arrows in my arm, she had hit me with. I didn't realize how much it helped with being in the medical field."

"What was the answer?" He asked.

I turn up to look at him, "Clinically and unemotionally. I turn off all my emotions while I pulled the arrows out of my arm. Blood flowing down my arm, that's how I was taught to stitch myself back up. The next day, the routine started again. It got progressively worse, there were bullets, knives, little scars rack my body. There were to show me how the pain would be. The pain I was inflicting." I explain.

"That must've been a dark time in your life." He said.

"It was. But it taught me that I wanted to heal more than hurt people." We switched sides to check and make sure everything looked alright.

"How's our patient?" Deucalion asked us.

Deaton took off his gloves, and looked behind me. "Out cold." I replied.

"And the prognosis?" Deucalion stood beside me.

"Suprisingly optimistic. He's gonna make it." Deaton explained to the Alpha of Alphas.

Deucalion reached for Ennis' body. Making him move slightly, he was actually awake now. He kissed both of Ennis' checks, then crushed his skull. Killing him, I closed my eyes, inhaling a sharp breath. I felt a single tear fall do my face.

Deucalion moves to leave, "I think you might've overestimated his odds."

"If you will excuse me, Dr. Deaton." I walked calmly to my car. Clinically and unemotionally. I repeat to myself.

Clinically and unemotionally.

"Clinically and unemotionally. Isleen!" She shouted.

I didn't even know how I drove home, but as I looked at my building. I put my head on the wheel, silently sobbing. "Clinically and unemotionally," I whisper to myself.