Chapter 12

----------------------> TOM FURROWED HIS EYEBROWS

----------------------> TOM FURROWED HIS EYEBROWS. "What doesn't count?"

"Pluto," Artemis blurted out. "Pluto is a planet but it's so small comparatively, that it ought to not count as a planet, right?" She looked to Gen and Roman for help, who just raised an eyebrow and shrugged respectively.

Artemis realised that she was still in Riddle's arms, and so immediately freed herself and moved away from him like he was on fire.

"You're welcome, by the way." Tom Riddle said dryly.

Artemis narrowed her eyes. "I didn't ask you to catch me, Riddle. You did that one all by yourself."

Tom rolled his eyes. "Yes, how awfully rude of me to stop you from breaking your nose. "

"That's an assumption," Artemis said pointedly. "For all we know, I might not have broken my nose. Just my cheekbones and forehead. But now, because of you, we'll never be able to find out!"

"Truly sorry about that."

"You're forgiven." Artemis sniffed.

"What are you doing?" Tom Riddle asked.

"Currently, blessing the world with my amazingly flawless existence," Artemis replied and before she could say more, Gen chipped in.

"We're heading to the Quidditch grounds," she answered, a smirk dancing on her lips. "Ro has to get there early and so does Artemis to get ready to anchor the game," Gen explained, looking at Tom. "Are you coming to the game as well?"

"Yes."

"Then we should go together!" Gen proclaimed with a clap of her hands. "Which team are you supporting?"

"Ravenclaws."

"Excellent choice," Gen nodded approvingly. "Ro and Artemis won't be able to sit with me, so we should totally sit together." She casually walked over to where he was standing, looped her hands into his before continuing to walk, essentially dragging him along with her. "Now," She began. "Let's talk. I've heard silences are awkward, so feel free to talk about the following topics: love, puns, Greek goddesses who have taken up an oath of chastity, our potion's partners and art!"

Artemis looked at Roman with an expression of long-suffering painted on her face. "Tell me that she isn't trying to follow Professor Slughorn's footsteps and set us up?"

"I could," Roman started. "But then we'd both be lying."

"Still, tell me. I need hope against my statement, even if I'm only fooling myself."

"Okay," he nodded. "Artemis, you've got nothing to worry about. Gen isn't trying to set you and Riddle up."

"Thank you for that."

"Your welcome."

------> 0o0 <------

"WELCOME EVERYBODY TO THE FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH ON THIS ACADEMIC YEAR BETWEEN THE GRYFFINDORS AND THE SUPER AWESOME, FANTABLULOUSLY MAGNIFICENT-"