Chapter four

Thank you for all the support! Hope you've enjoyed the story so far! 

[TW] little talk about anxiety and death but nothing to extreme! I Love you so remember to stay safe and hydrated, <3

Dream would never admit to it, but he was really nervous. He truly didn't like people being this close to him for this long, and George was setting a new record. 

He had decided it would be best to bluff and tell him he'd be waiting outside the door, but truthfully he was leaving the house. Dream had some business to take care of and he didn't have the choice but to trust George would stay still for the night.

Dream needed to inform the Boss that he was heading outside the city walls for a few days due to some new intel, and that he'd be back before he knew he was gone. 

Though, Dream needed to track him down once more, he knew there was a spot low lives hung around that he was sure the fat man would be. So, he gathered his things once more, slipped on his shoes, and headed out the door. Hopefully, George really wouldn't be brave.

After a twenty minuet walk, Dream approached a small tavern called 'Lucky Lefty's Pub.' He sighed heavily before walking through the cracked wooden doors. He was instantly greeted with the stench of alcohol and stares. He wanted to throw up immediately.

All eyes were on him within milliseconds, and it was dead silent. Dreams eyes met with the pair he sought through his mask, and they headed to a back table. Once seated, the stares faded and the normal conversation returned.

"What brings you here? Backing out?" The bulky man raised a bushy eyebrow towards Dream, and fiddled with a rusty pocket knife. Dream knew of too many fingerless people, and he was sure that pocket knife did as well. Cracking his knuckles one by one, Dream smiled behind his mask. The man chuckled, he knew who he'd hired.

"Just here to fill you in on a couple of things, some need-to-knows." He leaned back and relaxed into the booth. He waited for the go ahead before filling the Boss in on the nights events. 

He let him know of George's situation and that his gut told him to trust that he knew a way into the castle and then, into the Prince's quarters. The Boss seemed to agree after getting George's profile, but asked some questions as well. They discussed a few more things like, how he'd planned to get to Clairvent and if he had a way over the wall.

Dream had a way over the wall, he'd just have to be perfect with his timing. He'd also need to contact a friend.

"Well, its a good thing you showed up actually, theres been a slight change in plans. When you see the Prince, it's on sight." The man made a slicing motion over his neck, signally dream was to kill the boy instead of bringing him back alive. This confused him greatly, as he thought the Prince was worth a great deal on the market in Chilsn.

"If you're wondering why, I'll tell you. I recently found out that he's worth much more dead than he is alive. I just need you to bring me his head as proof, and maybe some sort of family painting to show its not just some random kid. Do it however you want just don't mess his face up too bad, got it?" He let out a hearty laugh but he wasn't messing around. Again, killing people wasn't an issue to Dream so he nodded in agreement. 

Nothing much had really changed in Dream's mind.

When he'd finished his discussion with the Boss, Dream slid out of his booth and headed out of the gross pub. He hated people who lived to poison their bodies, and that's all you found when entering a place like that. 

Shaking his head, he headed back to the house where he prayed George had stayed. He told his boss George was now tied up to a chair and left in a secured room, but that was a big bluff on his end. The abandoned house wasn't being watched by anyone, especially no friend of Dreams, and George could've easily left at anytime.