Tense

The morning sun slowly woke Clay up from his sleep. The light that peeked through the curtains carefully brightened the room with each passing minute. He groaned as he got up and sat on the edge of the bed, he let a out a sigh. Nothing seemed to come across his head, well, expect of the thought of George being across the hall from him. Clay needed this day to go well, he could't afford to mess anything up. He reached over to the night stand and unplugged his phone. The screen displayed 8:24 am.

He got up from his bed, grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom. His bare feet touching the cold tiles made him shiver, now he's definitely awake. He took his shower faster than usual, he didn't want to miss out on the little things like conversations on the trip, they meant a lot to him. After finishing up, he quickly brushed his teeth and changed. Clay wondered if anyone else was even awake, maybe sending a message to the group chat wouldn't hurt.

Clay

Morning, anyone awake?

He waited for an answer. In the mean time, he made his bed and sat down, looking at some fan art on his phone. The amount of work and detail that goes into all the art he see's never failed to amaze him. Clay loved watching edits of George, it was his guilty pleasure. Nick's name popped up on the top of the screen.

Nick

Yeah

Weird, for some reason he thought Nick would type in all caps considering how loud he usually is.

Clay

Well when everyone is done getting ready meet in the living room, let's go get breakfast

One by one everyone read the message. After a couple of minutes, he heard some talking in the distance. He walked to the door, entering into the hallway, closing the door behind him softly. Making his way down the stairs he saw Nick, Lucas and Alex siting on the sofa.

"Good morning guys." Clay suddenly had a strange sense of optimism. He figured he can't spend so much time worrying about what's going to happen next, and thought focusing on the positive would be the best option for him.

"Morning, how are ya?" Nick was unsurprisingly witty.

"I'm good, is everyone else awake yet?"

"Yeah we talked to Darryl and Zak like 5 minutes ago, they'll be out soon." Lucas responded.

"Alright cool." Clay saw Nick looking at this phone, then smiling.

"Ha, George hasn't opened the message yet, go wake him up."

Silence ensued. He wasn't sure which one Nick was asking to wake up George.

"Me?" Clay hesitantly asked.

"Yeah you, go."

"Uh, okay." Clay got up and instantly became nervous. He tried to brush it off. What would he do if George was changing, or shirtless in bed? He wouldn't know how to feel. Without even knowing it he made it in-front of George's door. He placed his hand on the handle.

Wait, maybe I should knock.

Clay knocked on the door, but not too loudly. After a couple seconds, he didn't hear anything coming from the room. He tried knocking again, but a little bit louder. He placed his ear next to the door, trying to hear anything inside. He listened closely and actually heard something; George softly snoring. Since he wasn't waking up, Clay had to go inside. He put his hand on the door handle, feeling his heart beating faster.