1장 : Colonel Min

"Abeoji, where are you going?"

a 5-year-old boy asked his father while rubbing his eyes, a kumamon plushie on his right arm.

"Hey, bubba. I thought you were asleep?"

He can sense the sadness and fear on his voice. Yoongi was more than confused - First, why is his father leaving in the middle of the night? Second, why is his mom balling her eyes out? The young man observed his environment. He's more than sure that everything's fine and that they'll have their usual picnic dates tomorrow, on Saturday morning. He smiled then decided to proceed on his bed until he heard a loud knock on their door.

"Col. Min. Salute! Sir, the President of the state requires us to pick you up. Please give me the permission to bring your belongings, Sir."

Yoongi rushed down the stairs. Why are these men inside their house? Aren't they supposed to be in the barracks? He was having mixed emotions - confusion, fear, everything. His heart was thumping out of his chest. He ran to his mother, lightly pulling her skirt .

"Eomma, waeyo? What are these ajussis doing here? Is daddy leaving?"

His eyes starts to water, witnessing this heartbreaking scenario in front of his eyes.

His mother squatted in his height,

"Yoongi-ah, Appa will have to fulfill his duty. He'll fight those bad men who are causing chaos in our country, okay?" she showed him the look of assurance. He thought "eomma's right, her smile is so comforting."

"So appa is a superhero? Wow, appa you're strong! fight those bad guys; I love you, appa!"

His father smiled at his innocence. Yoongi's doe eyes met his, and he patted his head and picked him up.

"Yes,baby. Daddy needs to go now, okay? Promise me that you'll protect, Eomma. I love you, yoonie. I'll come back for you".

He didn't fail to notice the tears that are threatening to leave his father's eyes. His dad walks to his mom, whispering some endearing words on her ears, "don't worry, yeobo. I'll return - safe and sound. 진짜 너무 사랑해 (i really love you so much.)" His father kissed his mom and took a glance at him one last time before shutting the door.

« Hi! This your author, @sugasbutt_. This is just a sneak peek of the story hehehe. I'll publish a new chapter tomorrow <333 i love you! keep safe 💜»