Red

Dream was pressed up against his wall, sweating profusely. He was so screwed.

Why did he have to buy George that plane ticket?

Dream had already called Sapnap, who was now on his way to his house. It was a Friday afternoon and Dream was having a heart attack.

When Dream heard a knock on the door, he immediately sat upright, hesitating before getting up. He walked past his mirror and examined his reflection, making sure everything looked normal. He exhaled before opening the door and shooting his best friend a grimace.

"Dream! Hey there, bud, good to see you," Sapnap grinned and walked into the house, carrying an ominous suitcase in his left hand, "You sounded frantic in the call, what's up?"

"This," Dream snapped, closing the door and taking out his phone. He held it up for Sapnap to see. It was just a selfie of Dream. Sapnap stared at it in confusion. "I don't get i-"

"Look. Closer. Dumbass," Dream nudged the phone into his hands and pointed at his eyes. Sapnap let out an 'o' in realisation. A small smirk grew across his face.

"So," said Sapnap softly. Dream raised his eyebrows, "who's the lucky lady?"

Dream glared at him as if he were insane. This was the reaction he got? Dream would have strangled him right then and there.

"Okay, okay, I'm kidding! Hey calm down," said Sapnap quickly, noticing Dream's eyes flash a dangerous shade of red. Dream massaged his temples and sighed. "No, but seriously. Who is it?"

Dream just shook his head, wiping the hair strands out of his eyes and looking down. He couldn't tell Sapnap.

He was very open to Sapnap about most things in his life. He was one of the few people that knew of Dream's 'condition'. Sapnap liked to call it 'next level heterochromia', Dream thought 'aspectabund' was a good enough name.

Dream's eyes could change colour based on his emotions.

Which was alright, if it hadn't been for what happened an hour earlier. An hour ago, Dream had been calling with George, making arrangements and finalising everything.

George was coming over to America for two weeks and they were going over the rough details. It was all good until after the call, when Dream looked in a mirror, and realised his eyes were a bright shade of pink.

"No one, okay?" Dream muttered and felt himself go pink, just like his eyes. Sapnap smirked even wider.

"It's George, isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Ah, well, what's the big deal?" Sapnap asked innocently, earning a playful shove from Dream.

"What's the big deal? The fact that a, George doesn't know of my condition and b, when he finds out, he'll realise that I have feelings for him!" Dream spluttered, his eyes now an unnatural shade of green. Sapnap groaned.

"I can't just wear sunglasses whenever he's around - he's not that dumb. He'll know something's up," Dream mused out loud. He walked over to the sofa and fell face first, "You know, I think I should gauge my eyes out and call it a day."

Sapnap walked up behind him and stared at the blonde laying down on the sofa. He then started laughing.

"Dream, you really are an idiot," Sapnap choked out, wiping his eyes. Dream turned around, his eyes grey and confused, "the brit is colourblind!"

Dream felt relief wash over him. But then, as quick as it came, the relief disappeared into nothingness.

"George is still coming tomorrow," Dream moaned into the sofa, tugging on his hair in exasperation. Sapnap nodded, "and he still recognises different colours."

"I didn't think of that," Sapnap admitted and Dream facepalmed. Hard, "but hey, you can just tell him that you fancy him and things will go back to normal! Well, except for the kissing bit."

Dream felt himself go red but he didn't reply. He was too afraid that he would ruin the friendship they built over the years. Heck, George didn't even fancy him anyways.

The blonde felt too exhausted to worry any more. Instead, he decided to put on a movie to pass the time. But both of them knew that Dream wasn't paying attention to what was happening on screen.

Not at all.

A/N hello! quick question,, do you like the story so far? idk where i'm going with this tbh

okay, now i leaveeeee