Arc 3- Chapter 1

^Ashley's pic above^

*Starfire's Pov*

I looked at Carl coldly and then patted his head. He looked surprised and rose his head wide-eyed as he looked at me.

"S-sis, did you just pat my head or was I dreaming?" Carl asked in disbelief, facing me.

"You did well" I said coldly without answering his question.

He got up, looking dazed as he left.

'Wow! Just a little pat and he was that surprised. I wonder if they saw her as such a cold person~'

[Well, it isn't like she would have pat his head even though she usually imagines that a lot]

'Yeah, I can tell from her memories. She even thinks of hugging him and her parents, too bad she isn't good at expressing her feelings on the outside~'

[Hmm... Host, won't you go to meet your parents now?]

'Oh right! I have to make sure they don't behave like in the storyline~'

I got up and left the room, heading for the dinning table where I am sure they will be seated for dinner. Sometimes, Celestina brings her work home and doesn't bother to eat with them so it is only on rare occasions that she will go for dinner which is why they looked slightly surprised when they saw me.

"Father, Mother, nice to see you again" I greeted coldly, without even a hint of smile as I took my seat.

"Darling, good to see you aren't buried in your work today" Mother said, smiling softly at me as Father just nodded his head.

"Yeah, I didn't have that much work to do and decided to have dinner" I said calmly as a maid served my food.

There was silence as we all ate. After I finished my meal, I wiped the edges of my lips with an handkerchief.

"Is there anything you want to discuss since I will soon be leaving" I informed once they were also through with their meal.

My parents glanced at each other before looking back at me.

'It seems parents love glancing at each other before making a decision~'

[I guess so, host. Not all parents does that though]

'I wonder if my parents did that'

[Host...]

"Well, we wanted to ask you about the news that has been circulating, even with Justin protecting you, it still reached the ears of some people. Celestina, you know you can always tell us what is happening" My mother said in a soothing tone.

"You should know me well enough to understand that I won't do such things. Do you also believe the rumour that I pushed Miss Ashley to the ground then? After all, that is where it all started" I said coldly without any emotion in my eyes as they all glanced at each other.

"We didn't say we believe the rumours, we were just asking for your side of the story" My mother said in a warm tone.

"Did you say Miss Ashley was the beginning of all this rumour?" My Father asked with furrowed brows.

"Dad, I know Miss Ashley and she is definitely not a trustworthy person" Carl said with a protective glint in his eyes as he looked at me.

'Why do I feel like that singular act of patting his head has risen his affection for me?'

[Probably because that was the second act of affection Celestina has ever shown towards him]

'Yeah, the first was the time he was stuck on a tree when he was small and Celestina climbed up the tree to save him. The two of them fell from the tree but Celestina turned their bodies around so that her body will be used as a shield, she was gravely injured while Carl was safe and sound. Carl cried a lot and didn't leave her side until she was fully healed, during that time Celestina always hugged him and told him that it wasn't his fault. That's why Carl still cares for Celestina till now even with her cold attitude.'

[Yeah, it is such a lovely and touching story]

I ignored their discussion and got up.

"I have answered your question and will leave now. I have some work to take care of tomorrow and can't risk sleeping late. Bye" I explained calmly as I got up, picking my bag before leaving.

I got to my house and entered my bedroom before bursting into laughter.

'I can't believe that Celestina would have just walked out like that even though she does it a lot~'

[Well, you also did it now Host since you are technically Celestina now]

'Yeah, I know. I wasn't lying when I said I have work to do tomorrow so I have to sleep now~'

[Ok host, sweet dreams]

I chuckled before changing to my night wear and going to sleep.

*Next day*

I am at the company, sorting out some of the documents and signing some contracts.

[Host, Ashley is coming]

'She is?~ Great, I can finally have some fun with her~'

[Host, just complete the mission ;-;]

'Who said I won't?~'

I smiled as I clicked a button before my phone rang.

"Boss, Miss Ashley came, she said she wants to see you" My secretary's voice sounded as I picked up the phone.

"Let her in" I said coldly before terminating the call.

The door opened to reveal Ashley with her short black hair and whitish-gray eyes. Her eyes were weird but she somehow managed to make herself look good.

She came in with a sweet smile but as soon as she closed the door, her smile dropped to reveal a scowl.

"Why is your company still alright?! You should have been ruined!" She said angrily as she stood before me.

"Miss Ashley, I will warn you not to let you rage make you destroy anything, if you cause damage to any of my property, you will have to pay" I said gazing at her coldly.

"And so what? All the items in this office aren't enough to buy my shoe, I can destroy everything here and you won't be able to say anything about it. The only reason I am not doing that is because I want to keep my reputation as a nice and innocent woman especially for Justin, if not, I will directly ruin you." She said arrogantly as she glared at me.

"What do you want, Miss Ashley?" I asked calmly as she huffed.

"Let me have Justin and you wouldn't have to suffer like this again. What do you say?" She asked with a warm smile as if she didn't just glare at me a while ago.

"Like all other times that you have asked, my answer remains the same, No. I won't let a scheming lady like you be next to Justin. You also tried to destroy me just because I refused at that party" I said calmly as she shed her pretense.

"Yes, I did and that is just the beginning, if you don't relent, I will destroy your whole life" She said menacingly before leaving.

'Hmm... It seems she is really smarter than the rest or she would have let her anger cause her so much damage~'

[Well, she is smart but compared to you, she is nothing much]

'Indeed~'

I pressed a button and opened my laptop to show a security camera footage of what just happened.

'I am indeed smarter than her~'

A/N: A special thanks to SlothIndeed for the special recommendation of Starfire patting Carl's head cause it suits the cold personality and is also extremely cute! ♡○♡ Thanks~