chapter 7

It was late. Around ten at night. Yeonjun knew exactly where he was going, he wasn't just a random teenage boy enjoying the night life of Busan. A million thoughts ran through his head, but he didn't question for a second if he should be doing this or not. He climbed up the stairs to the third floor and speed-walked to the correct apartment before knocking on the door.

Yeonjun didn't get a response after a few seconds and knocked again, this time, hearing feet shuffling towards the door. The door opened, revealing Soobin in his pajamas with a confused look on his face, "Jun?... H-Hey."

"Hi..." Yeonjun said quietly as he looked down at his feet.

Soobin noticed the back pack he was carrying and the sad expression on his face, "What are you doing here? A-Are you ok?"

"Can I spend the night here?... Please?" Yeonjun asked quietly.

Soobin didn't hesitate for a second, "Yeah, of course... Come in."

Yeonjun walked inside and let Soobin close the door behind him, "I'm so sorry... I just needed to get out of my house and I wanted to be with you."

Soobin softly smiled at what Yeonjun said, but didn't talk about it further, "You ok?"

"Yeah, sorry... I umm... I've just been sulking in my room since I got home." Yeonjun said, nervous to talk about his feelings.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Yeonjun shook his head, "I'm bad at talking about my feelings."

"Ok... Well, if you wanna talk, I'm all ears."

Yeonjun nodded and changed the subject, "Sorry if I woke you up."

"You didn't wake me up... I was just reading."

"Oh, ok... was work alright?" Yeonjun felt the awkwardness start to come between them.

"It was slow so it was a bit boring, but it was ok."

Yeonjun half smiled and looked down at the floor, not knowing what to say.

"You can have my bed. I'll sleep on the couch."

Yeonjun looked back up at Soobin, "Bin, I'm not letting you sleep on the couch in your own apartment."

"It's ok... I want you to be comfy."

Yeonjun sighed and hesitated for a second before reaching out and gently grabbing Soobin's hand, "Can I ummm... Can I sleep next to you?"

Soobin was taken aback from his bluntness.

"I'm not trying to do anything... I just... I wanna be next to you... It's ok if you don't want to."

Soobin shook himself out of his thoughts, "No, it's ok... C'mon..." Soobin said before shutting the light off in the living room and leading Yeonjun to his bedroom, "The bathroom is right across the hall... Do you need some clothes?"

"No, I was just gonna wear this." Yeonjun said, gesturing to the sweatpants and hoodie that he was wearing.

"Oh, ok... Do whatever you need to do before you go to bed... You need to get some sleep."

Yeonjun softly smiled, "Thanks, bin."

~

Yeonjun walked back into Soobin's bedroom after getting ready for bed. Soobin was cutely reading his book, the only light coming from the small lamp on his nightstand. This made Yeonjun sheepishly smile as he walked closer to the bed, "Whatcha reading?"

Soobin perked up when he heard Yeonjun's voice, not noticing him walk back into his bedroom, "Oh umm... It's stupid."

"What? No it's not..." Yeonjun said as he pulled back the covers, "Tell me."