116. the map

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage." Jasper announced, his hand scanning the pages of the journal in front of him. "And considering we're using a map with no distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village."

Day had broken hours ago, a steady cascade of rain falling down around us. I sat with my head against the wall behind me, my eyes drooping in exhaustion.

"At least we know we're going the right way." Bellamy pointed out.

Jasper set the book on his lap in exasperation. "We're running out of daylight." he exclaimed. "We should stop and recharge the battery while we still have the sun."

"What sun?" Clarke questioned from the passenger seat, her eyes focused on the rain. "We keep going until it dies."

Octavia, who had been quiet for most of the ride spoke, "We keep going until we reach Luna."

I had just begun to doze off, tuning out Jasper and Octavia's conversation, when the Rover came to an abrupt stop. My eyes flew open as I sat up, glancing around. "What happened?" I demanded.

Bellamy looked back at me quickly, his face distressed.

"Think she can help us find a better map." Jasper grumbled, likely referring to Luna.

Bellamy turned back to the front, "Backtrack." he announced, starting to shift the vehicle into reverse. "We'll find a better—hey!" he cut himself off as the back doors flew open, Octavia jumping from the Rover without so much as a word.

I felt myself shiver as the cold air rushed through the open door.

"O!" Bellamy called, all of us already jumping to follow after her.

"Guess we're going on foot." Jasper announced, giving me a mock look of amusement.

I jokingly rolled my eyes as I jumped onto the forest ground, the rain already beginning to drench my clothes.

"ANYBODY HEAR THE PART WHEN I SAID IT COULD BE DAYS!?" Jasper yelled, following after the group of us.

"Stop!" Octavia instructed, turning to look at us with wide eyes. "Do you hear that?"

I paused, straining my ears to hear over the sound of the rain. Soon enough, I heard it. "Water." I exclaimed, the sound of rushing water now becoming more apparent.

Within seconds, Octavia, Clarke and I were taking off toward the noise, desperate to find Luna and her village.

"Eyes sharp!" Bellamy yelled. "They could be hostile."

Octavia stopped, turning to glare at her older brother. "They're not hostile." she snapped. "Put the guns down."

With a defeated look, Bellamy lowered his gun and proceeded to follow after the rest of us who were already running toward the sound of the water once again.