Chapter 39

Sana is surprised to find his khadoos husband hugging a pretty girl. She could never imagine him to be so loving with anybody apart from his mother and sister. She starts thinking, 'Haye yeh kon hai? Yeh isse itna chipak kyun raha hai? As far as I remember, he does not have any other sister. Cousin? I don't think he could be that close to any of his cousins. Chod bhi nahi raha hai. Kash mujhse bhi thoda yun chipakta! But no..However, the kiss was nice today. Hmm..Actually it was more than nice. It was sensational. Hey concentrate! Find out who this girl is.'

Sid leaves the girl and says," Oh! So finally madam got time to visit us. Hain ab itni badi company mein job lagi hai, mere jaise ko kyun yaad karogi." The girl says," O hello! Mister who calls all the time? I call Shini and Mummy almost every week and get all information. How many times, have you called? Hun? And when I call his guy, phone is either busy or switched off." Sana thinks,'Mummy? What? Why is she calling Maa mummy?' Sid starts stammering," No..actually..I mean, I had.. called you.." The girl says," Hain teen mahine pehle. Chod rahne de ab. Khadoos.." Sana's eyes grow big, hearing the word 'khadoos.' She must have known him quite well.

Sana unable to suppress her curiosity any longer says,"Haye koi mujhe please batao, who is she?" Sumitra ji starts to laugh and says,"Hain, this is not right. Sid introduce karwa dono ko." Sana comes closer to Sid and puts her hand into his arm as if claiming him as her own. Sid looks at her and says, "Sana this is my best friend Jaanvi. And Jaan this is Sana." Sana says with a smile,"His wife. Hi! It's so good to see you." Jaanvi smiles and gives Sana a hug and says,"Kitni sweet ho tum. Mummy she is really very cute." Shini says," Di you are staying here for few days naa, so now go and get fresh first. We can talk then." Jaanvi goes with Shini and Sumitra ji. Sid goes to his room followed by Sana.

Sana asks," Who is she? And why were you hugging her?" Sid sitting down on the chair says," Told you na, she is my friend. Her family used to stay next door at our previous house. We were in the same school. I was senior to her but we were best friends. Then their family shifted to Bangalore and she went abroad to study. She is an engineer at a big automobile company." Sana standing beside him asks," So why did you hug her and called her Jaan? Mujhe toh kabhi aise nahi bulaye?" Sid looks at her and says,"Your pagalpanti has started again. Her name is Jaanvi so I call her Jaan. And she is my friend so what is wrong in hugging her?" Sana says,"But you got angry when Rohan hugged me. Why? He is also my friend but I don't call him Ro or han." Sid starts to laugh listening to her and says,"What will you call him, Ro or han? Nice. Please do.." Sana makes an angry face and says,"Haan mere sirf mazaak banao and keep your sweet words like Jaan for other girls." Saying that she leaves the room.

Sid looks at her as she leaves, the smile on his face remains as it is. He is happy today for everything that happened. Not only he is happy for meeting his friend who has come back after so many months but also for what happened before that. The kiss was magical, he could still feel her lips on his. The smell of strawberry lip balm still lingers in his mind.

Taking a deep breathe he writes,
"Unke labh mere naam se kuch jada keh gaye,
Mere labh unke hadein aaj sari bhul gaye.
Kuch assar tha unki adaon ka shayad,
Jo hum iss tarah aaj besharam ho gaye.

Bahon mein toh liya tha unhe,
Labon se chunne ki talab thi kabhi.
Nasha jo chadha unka humpe,
Hum aaj ek khata aur kar gaye."

It was midnight and Sid, Shini and Jaanvi all sat in the living room chatting among themselves. Sana is sitting beside Sid, with her eyes closed, head on her palm. A laugh made her almost fall down and she opened her eyes. She asks" What happened? What did I miss?" Sid replies,"Everything. Go to bed. You are sleepy" Sana shakes her head and says," No. I will stay with you." Shini smiles and says,"Sana bhabi, you go to sleep. You are hardly hearing anything." Jaanvi yawns and says,"I think we all should call it a night. I am feeling tired too." Sid says, "Yes. You must be tired. Sana, please take her to the room and give me a pillow. Okay." Sana looks at him and says, "Why? I mean why pillow?" Sid looks at her and says," You and Jaan can sleep in the room, I will sleep here on the sofa. Now go. Jaan good night." Sana goes into the room with Jaanvi after they all say their good night's. Sana picks up the pillow and a bed sheet and smiles at Jaanvi. She says,"You can sleep inside." and thinks,'I can't let her sleep on Sidharth's side. No. Never.'