20 | The Question...

^^Vance and Desiree in MM

Desiree December 9, 2019 (4:32 PM)

Desiree
December 9, 2019 (4:32 PM)

"Wanna travel the world wit me?"

"What?" I looked at Vance in confusion.

"Do. You. Wanna. Travel. Da. World. Wit. Me?"

"What do you mean?" I was still confused.

"Next Summer. I'm planning on going everywhere in the country. You wanna come?"

"Where you gonna get the money for all to that?" I asked.

"Ima have it by the time July hit. Don't worry," he smiles.

"Ok, I'll think about it."

"Aight," he gets up from the couch. "You coming?"

"Where?"

"I'm going down to the prison to visit someone."

"Who?"

"Come and you'll find out."

"Ok, lemme go shower," I got up from around the table.

"Didn't you shower this morning?" He asks.

"Yeah but I did mad stuff since then..."

"Aight, hurry up. And don't even do ya makeup this time...that take too long."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and continued on my way to my bathroom. After I was done showering, I put on some leggings and an all black tee with my jean jacket and my black Huaraches.

I grabbed my baseball hat and my purse and left my room. Vance wasn't in the living room anymore.

Damn, did I take that long?

I continued to walk to the door but I paused when I notice an enveloped in front of the door. I picked it up and read the front.

To Desiree, the girl Ion think I can live witout.

Awww. I proceeded to open the envelope and took out the letter then started to read it.

Dear Desiree,

       Wassup. Wassup. Wassup. I cannot tell you how many times I rewrote this letter. My mind keeps goin blank when it comes to ways to ask you what I wanna ask you...simply because I never thought I would be askin you this question anytime soon. Right now, I'm probably somewhere freakin the fuck out while you reading this letter, but ima be distracting myself by thinking about sumn stupid.
       Aight, lemme get to the point. I love you. I know you know dat but you don't know how much I love you. There's so many obvious reasons why I should ask you this question. You smart, you beautiful, you funny, you goofy, you know how to hold ya self down, you know how to keep me in check. You just ya own person. I couldn't be more grateful to have you in my life. Ever since I got outta prison, you been able to hold me down and I can't see myself getting held down by any other female. I can see that you've changed me...even more than prison has.
       As cheesy as this shit sounds, every moment we share/spend together, the more I find myself fallin more in love with you. And I love how compatible we is together. You is my person and I wanna lose myself in you...forever.

So...will you-

I paused from reading the letter and put my hand over my heart. Whew...hol on.

Then I got back to reading.

-make a nigga happy and become my wife?

My jaw dropped as soon as I read 'wife.' Is he serious?

End of Chapter
Sorry this update took so long.

End of ChapterSorry this update took so long