CHAPTER 28

Emma's POV:

It has been few days since the whole me getting back my memory a bit and everything but we don't exactly know how I lost it or what happened after I lost my conscious.

Asher needed sometime to face his parents again and to know everything so we are taking it slow at the moment.

We went back to work the next day and the past few days we didn't get any new notes either.

"Emma Campbell King!" I heard a very familiar voice of my best friend shouting along with a bang of my office door loudly.

"Just because you are a King now it doesn't mean work and your husband are the only thing in your life. Do you even remember that you have a best friend?" she said glaring at me.

I know I was at fault because from everything happening I never talked to Kathy in these past few days.

I know Ben might have mentioned her about what's happening but I personally didn't tell her about anything.

"I was busy" I gestured at her.

"I know!" she said giving a sigh and taking her seat in front of me.

"I heard it from Ben. Are you okay?" she asked looking at me with concern.

I nodded at her while going through a file.

It was quiet for some time I wondered if she left because I wasn't paying her attention so I looked at her.

"I am getting married" she said suddenly making me drop my file.

I looked at her shocked not even blinking my eyes.

"I know it is sudden but Ben proposed me few days back and I accepted it" she said nervously.

What?! Days back? And that idiot of a best friend didn't even tell me anything about it?

Seeing my face change she suddenly started saying "It isn't his fault. I asked him to not tell you because I wanted to tell you first"

I just nodded and I got up from my seat going to her and hugged her.

"So when are you planning the wedding?" I gestured at her.

"This Sunday" she said and I looked at her like she just lost her mind.

"I know! I know! It is too sudden and all but we didn't want to wait. So we just decided to have a small wedding with just close family and friends" she said and I nodded at her.

"So come on lets go shopping" she said holding my hand.

I stopped her and looked at her confusedly.

"Come on Emma don't give me that look we need the dress for the Maid of Honour and everyone is waiting for us" she said dragging me out of my office.

I saw Ben outside who just came back from a meeting and went to hug him to congratulate him on their marriage.

After the shopping when I reached home it was late. Asher has been away for a deal, he will be coming back in 2 days. So I went to bed alone after having a light dinner.

At present I am in a party which Ben and Kathy threw for their engagement announcement to all their close friends and family.

I was sitting along with my parents when Ben came with another man whom I have never met before.

"Emma" he came to me and hugged me while I returned the hug.

"Emma this is Ethan Miller. He works as the head of security department in our company." he said introducing me to the other person.