Chapter Forty Five- Anxiety

"Okay!" Coach Ukai clapped his hands together, signalling for everyone to gather around. By the time the bus had arrived back at Karasuno, almost everybody was exhausted.

  The boys stopped what they were doing, and gathered around their coach. "Tomorrow we go up against Aoba Johsai once again. I know for some of you this might be a little nerve wracking, but just do your best."

  (Y/n) smiled. As hard as Coach Ukai was on the boys, sometimes he truly showed how much he cared about this team, and all of the people on it.

"Alright now I want all of you to head home, and get a good nights rest, because we'll be leaving here quite early." He told the team, before dismissing them.

Everyone nodded with determination, including (Y/n). They continued to clean up, putting all of the extra equipment back in the gym.

  After the last few things were put away, people began leaving the gym, some by themselves, others in small groups.

  (Y/n), and Tanaka began walking in the direction of their houses, their hands intertwined as they walked side by side.

During the walk, (Y/n) noticed that her boyfriend was much quieter than usual. She looked sideways, taking a glance at Tanaka's face.

It looked like something was troubling him. "Ryu, are you okay?" (Y/n) asked, the boy looking into her (e/c) eyes that were filled with concern.

Tanaka forced a smile. "Yeah, just a little anxious for tomorrow." He said, swinging their connected hands.

The girl could instantly tell he was lying, and continued walking. She began to lead the boy in a different direction, away from where either of their houses were.

  "Uhmm, (Y/n)? Our houses are that way." Tanaka informed the girl, pointing back to where they had been walking a minute ago.

  (Y/n) smiled, still walking further from their houses. "I know. Just trust me." She said, her voice escaping her mouth no louder than a whisper.

The couple walked in silence for a few minutes, the sky above them slowly beginning to darken. Eventually (Y/n) lead the boy up a hill.

The hill was big enough that there were steps built for people to make it to the top easier. At the top of the hill, was a wooden bench.

(Y/n) lead Tanaka to the bench, both of them sitting down. Tanaka pulled the girl's back against his chest, placing a kiss on her forehead. "Why did you bring me here?" He murmured, looking forward to watch the display of warm colours play across the sky.

The sun had finally begun to set, and the bench they were sitting on gave them the perfect view. "You said that you're anxious for tomorrow." (Y/n) explained, her eyes reflecting the colours from the sky. "I've always liked coming up here when I'm stressed."

  Tanaka smiles into the girls hair, smelling the lavender shampoo he had grown so fond of. "Thank you (Y/n). You always know just what to do to make me feel better."

  (Y/n) smiled as well, relaxing in the boys arms. Their hands were still intertwined, Tanaka drawing circles with his thumb on the back of the girl's hand.

Soon the sun had fully set, and the two of them were sitting in the darkness, the light from the moon pouring onto their faces.

Finally feeling like he could tell (Y/n) what's wrong, Tanaka took a deep breath. "What if I mess up again?" He said, making the girl lift her head out from his chest.

"Ryu, what are you talking about?" (Y/n) asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "I mean what if I mess up at the match tomorrow? What if they target me again? Then it'll be my fau-"

Tanaka's rant was cut short when the girl's lips met his. She kissed him passionately, her right hand caressing the side of his face.

When (Y/n) pulled away, she looked deeply into the boy's eyes. "You're going to do amazing, and if they do start targeting you, then your team is going to be right behind you, backing you up." She said, cupping the boys face in both of her hands now.

Now it was Tanaka's turn to pull (Y/n) into a kiss, this one even more passionate than the last. Pulling away, he smiled widely, pulling the girl into a tight hug.

"I love you so much (Y/n). More than I will ever be able to show." He said into the girls neck. (Y/n) laughed, patting the boys shaved head.

"I love you too, you adorable idiot." The girl replied. The two sat on the bench for a while longer, until they realized how late it actually was.

They raced through the streets Miyagi, their laughter echoing through the night air. Stopping in front of the girls house, Tanaka pulled her into one last hug.

"Goodnight my love." Tanaka whispered, smiling when he saw (Y/n)'s face, which was bright red.
"G-goodnight Ryu." She stuttered, Tanaka slowly releasing her from his grasp.

He watched (Y/n) wall into her house, smiling back at the boy as she slowly closed the door. 'Man, how is she so perfect?' Tanaka thought to himself as he began walking to his own house.

———————————————————————————

Someone tell me why my house is freezing during the day, but it's suffocatingly hot at night. What is this logic? -_-