Chapter 4~ Coming Home

~Garroth's P.O.V.~

I decided to forget about Travis for now, after all-
Zane's coming home today!
After four and a half months of wondering if he'd live to see this day...
If he would still be in pain...
If he remembered what happened...
If he even remembered me...

But all those thoughts can be behind me now, he'll be safe at home under the protection of his family.

"GarGar! Breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom shout up to me.
I threw my jacket over my shoulder and ran down the stairs.

My mom handed me a plate with waffles and bacon on it. I hugged her and took the plate while saying "Thank you." Meanwhile Vylad and Dad were already eating.
I put my plate on the table next to Vylad and messed with his hair as I sat down.
I didn't realize how fast I was eating until my mom told me to slow down. I looked up at her and gave her a small smile as she got me and Vylad glasses of milk, and Dad more coffee.

"What time are we going to get Zane?" I heard Vylad ask while taking his last bite of bacon.
"Around 12-2." My dad said while getting up to put his dishes in the sink.
I looked at the time...11:00.
I got out of my seat and took Vylad and I's plate to the sink and came back for the glasses. He thanked me and said he'd do dinner's dishes.
I nodded and gave him a smile.

Just an hour or two left...

~Zane's P.O.V.~

I was woken up by sun beaming in my eyes.
I'm going home...and hopefully getting better sleep...
I know it could be worse, but I wasn't allowed to curl in a ball under a thick blanket. I had to lay flat and even on my back under a thin sheet in my cold room.
It feels kind of lonely...
I... actually miss being woken up by those dorks...
I mean... I... don't like having them as my brothers...but still...

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, only for my arm to start hurting. It was sore and hurt.
I sat up and looked around the room. Nothing's changed.

I wish I had my phone, at least...

I looked at the clock.
10:44. I wondered how long it would be until I get to leave.

I bet their all eating breakfast right now. I wonder what it is....
I bet it's amazing...
I...
I miss mommy's cooking...

Oh, what the hell...
I miss them!

I burst into tears and held my head in my hands. I tried to think of how to calm myself down. What would Momma, Dad, Vylad...or Garroth do?

I shook my head and starting whispering to myself, "It'll be fine...I'll be fine..."
A nurse then walked in and saw tear lines on my cheeks (they didn't let me have my mask because it made my breathing worse) and walked over to me.
I gave her a small wave and noticed she had a bag in her hands. She started speed walking up to me and placed the bag on the floor and cupped my cheeks.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?"
I took her hands down because it made me uncomfortable.

"I'm fine, thanks."
Something about her seems too...acted.
She doesn't really care, it's just her job.

"Are you sure sweetie?"

"Yeah."

"Are you homesick?"

I went quiet. She...was right...
She then picked up the bag from the floor and handed me it.

"I'll leave you to change." She gave me a sweet smile before leaving.
I rushed to open the bag and saw my clothes in it. My heart started beating.

This means I'm going home soon...

I changed into my clothes (which are much comfier than the clothes I was in before) and laid back on the bed waiting to be released.

~Garroth's P.O.V.~

"GarGar!~ Pea! ~"
We both jumped to our feet as we heard our mother.
"Yeah, mom?" We both said in unison.
I already know she's going to say we're getting Zane, but eh.

"Do you boys want to go with your father and I to get Zuzu?" She said entering the living room with us.

I didn't even answer before I bolted to the car. As I got in, I saw Vylad coming, followed by Mom and Dad.
Dad got in the driver's seat while Mom got in the passengers. Vylad sat behind mommy, and I sat behind dad.

~About 35 minutes later~

We arrived the hospital finally.
I decided to get out of the car last and followed our parents to the front desk.

As they were dealing with paperwork me and Vylad were able to go get Zane.
I felt around in my pocket and....bingo. I did bring it.
Vylad looked at me curiously for the smug look I had on my face. I whipped out Zane's phone and showed him.
"He's probably going to want this back. So, I remembered to bring it."

"Ohh.." Vylad said then smiled.
"Smart." He said as I put it back in my pocket.

We made our way down the hallway to Zane's room.
As I opened the door, I saw my baby brother quietly crying.
He looks hurt...

He didn't hear us approaching him and he seemed to be lost in thought because he didn't see us coming, either.

~Zane's P.O.V. again~

What if they don't come back...
What if I'm left here?
Maybe I am just homesick...
They wouldn't leave me, right?

All of a sudden, I felt arms wrap around me from behind and lean over me, wrapping me into a cuddle hug. I didn't need to see who hugged me because I could tell by the way the feel of the hug was.

They're here...
They came...

I put my hands over Garroth's on my arms and looked up to see him looking down at me.
"Why are you crying, Zu?" He said softly. Then I saw Pea sit on the bed by me and he leaned on me while holding onto my arm.

"I-it's...n-noth-nothing..." I stuttered out.
"Did my baby brother miss home?" He said in a more baby-tone.
"N-no.." I lied as he sat at my other side his arm still around my neck.

I allowed him to hug me this time because...it felt nice...and I guess I... ugh...really needed a hug...

"You ready to go, Zu?" He said making me put my head on his shoulder with his free hand.
He must've noticed how little sleep I've gotten...
Which might be the reason why I willingly let him hug me.

I nodded slowly. I felt my eyelids closing.
I felt Vylad nudge me to keep me awake, and then saw my mom, dad, and a doctor come in the room, filling out the last pieces of paperwork.
Then my mom came over to me and told us we could go.

Relief and excitement filled me and as Garroth and Vylad were about to take me out of the room, the doctor called us.
He then started going on a list of rules of things I couldn't do.
Like, for example I'm not supposed to:

·Wear a mask
·Run
·Eat too much sugar filled things
·Stress out
·Do much physical activity

Oh gee, the first one will be a blast.

We finally walked out the doors.
Freedom.

But for some reason Garroth gripped extra tight to my wrist and held me closer to him and looked around nervously.

I didn't think too much of it.
I was free.
I was going home.

But still, it was strange.

_________________________________________

Sorry if this chapter was long...or short? I don't know...heh...

Anyways,

That's all for now! <3