𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭

Kenna felt like a prisoner on the planet Vordian. Though it ought to be better than where she should've been...where she should be. She was given a small hut and often locked inside so she can't cast curses or hex anyone. Indeed she was the only woman in this town so she was pronounced bad luck and treated differently. She would've left if she wasn't being tracked down by the reviving empire; something only she knew of. Of course, Bounty Hunters have been ordered to take her for a high price, a price no one would decline but none have been successful nor alive. She was brilliant at defending herself, fixing wounds, bribing people and flying ships. She was perfectly fine at living until she was surrounded and her ship was demolished. Her ship came crashing down on to Vordian right on the outskirts of the only village so she was captured and after her begging, they decided she could live there, under strict rules. However, many other women who tried to stay were killed, but not her. That made her scratch her head every night; why me? She would think. What's so special?

"A Mandalorian!" A man shouted from outside. Kenna stopped cleaning her blaster and quickly moved to the window and pushed aside the cream cotton curtain. The tribe were all gathered around a man dressed all in Beskar and he was completely defenceless. She sighed and stepped outside to watch from afar, not wanting to seem like she was trying to hex anyone from inside her, what she has to call, home...but it wasn't. It couldn't be. She's never had one and will never get one.

"With...a child!?" One laughed, waving around a bundle of blankets.

"Harm the kid and you'll die,"

"Learn your place, Mandalorian. If you haven't realised, we have you completely outnumbered...let's say...20 to 1," Grafton chuckled while still holding a dagger to his throat.

"I like those odds," Kenna couldn't suppress the smile when she saw Grafton's face contort into anger, he looked like an angry tomato.

"Quiet, bring the bitch over here, she can look after that thing while we deal with this trash bin," Kenna rolled her eyes but still walked over to him. "Ah, finally listening to orders,"

"No, finally allowed to walk around this camp,"

"That's right, I thought you were locked up around this time," She shrugged and then looked over where a large man was awkwardly holding the child and almost dropping the bundle. Kenna snatched the child from his arms before gently cradling it.

"Killon, please be more careful," She seethed before looking at the child. It was green and had large brown eyes and huge ears. She couldn't help but smile as it cooed at her, probably revealed to be held by someone who gave it a sense of security. She then turned to the Mandalorian who looked at her with his head slightly tilted. Then she heard a beep, many beeps. Fast beeps.

"A tracking fob?" Grafton took the fob from the Mandalorion's bag and laughed when it quickened when he held it "I'm honoured you're hunting me down," He crushed it in his hand and the beeps came to a quick end.

"What will you be doing to him?"

"What we normally do when being comprised," Her eyes widened.

"Grafton, don't. Not today," He chucked the kneeling Mandalorian to one of his goonies and approached Kenna who hides the child protectively.

"What are ya gonna do if I don't listen to ya?"

"I'll curse your camp," He scoffed before turning away.

"Get to the kitchens then back to your room,"

"No," She stood up strong against him which Grafton did not like. He slowly turned around to face her.

"Do I need to teach you a lesson?"

"Do I need to hex your already mindless tribe?" She retorted.

"Get back to your hut. Now," She wanted so badly to attack him, to no longer kneel before him but she couldn't. Not when she was protecting a child.