8: elephant in the room

Please comment and vote! It gives the story more exposure! :)

Recap

I gave him a small smile and started to get up and head back to where everyone else was. He gently tugged my hand so I sat back down, confusion on my face.

"Just one time. One kiss. Then we can go back to normal," he whispered, his voice raspy.

I looked into his eyes and nodded. It wasn't much of a nod. I barely moved my head, but Harry caught it and instantly his hands cupped my face and his warm lips dropped onto mine.
______

Jess

Fuck. Nobody knows how much I wanted this kiss to be bad. To be sloppy, or his lips to be cracked, for his breath to smell, or something that'd make me think twice about doing it again. But no, this is Harry Styles we're talking about. His lips were so incredibly soft and firm. I could taste his minty breath and everything about this was just perfect.

And I was kissing him back, too. My hands had found their way into his hair, tugging slightly, and his arms wound around my waist. I was expecting a short peck, but this was no peck. It was veering into the making out category.

Suddenly, reality hit me. I knew that continuing any longer would make it even harder to keep from forming a "more than friendship" relationship.

I pulled away gently and we both had uneven breathing. I tried to keep my eyes off of his, but I could feel his stare. I needed to look at him, hell I needed to kiss him some more!

I awkwardly coughed and got up from my seat. I see Harry watching me the next thing I know, my feet are moving and I walk through the curtain, back to the main cabin.

Caroline and Mere are reading a magazine and across from them, Jane sits with her phone in her hand. All look up at me when I walk past them.

I ignore the states and just take a seat back on the couch. I take some earphones out of my backpack and plug them into my phone. I set my playlist on shuffle and am pleased that Ed Sheeran's "I'm A Mess" begins playing. How relevant. I close my eyes and let Ed's voice melt into my soul.

I could hear Harry walk in a few minutes later, but I don't open my eyes, nor do I move.

Time flew by and I must've fallen asleep because Jane told me we were landing in about two hours. I felt well rested, but the ache in my chest returned once I remembered Harry and I's talk and kiss in the back.

I spent the remaining time on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr. My timeline on Twitter was full of reactions to me coming to Australia and photos of me around Brazil.

'@JessicaSteele: NEVER BEEN TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!! GLAD TO SPEND THE REMAINING TIME OF PROMO WITH U AUSSIESSS :)))'

'@JessicaSteele: T-Minus four days until 11:59 is released 😳'

'@JessicaSteele: You guys are the best. Seriously. There's no possible way to thank you enough, but i have some exciting things in store 👊❤️'

As soon as I sent off the last tweet, I collected my stuff and waited for the jet's door to open. Robbie stood in front of me and Sal behind me. It was almost three in the afternoon and the sun was bright and shining. It was quite warm as well.

We were escorted down the steps and straight into the airport. As soon as we walked through that door, there were at least fifty or so fans waiting with posters and cameras ready. They were screaming my name and my heart swelled. Police officers walked with me as I took pictures with as many fans as I could.