10: spilt beans

Imagine that gif as how Harry looks at Jess :) COMMENT YOUR TWITTERS AND I'LL FOLLOW YOU! Also please take a listen to the song on the side while Jess performs. It's a beautiful song. :)

Jess

"We have Jessica Steele in the building!" The radio host, Dan, shouts followed with clapping and cheers in the room.

"Haha, thank you! I'm happy to be here in Sydney," I say politely. My voice has surprisingly gotten a tiny bit better as the hours passed. It was still raspy, but didn't hurt as bad. My vocal coach still switched the song I was going to cover to a less intense one.

"So, how've you been? Doing good?"

"Yup, I'm doing great. Had a little scare this morning with my voice."

"Oh, no, what happened?"

"I woke up with a sore throat and I didn't sound too pretty. It's gotten better though."

Dan smiled and gave me a high five from across the table.

"Atta babe! So, I'm sorry, I have to bring it up. Last night, you were seen with the one and only, Nick Jonas at a restaurant. Are you two dating? Friends?"

I didn't want it to go in this direction, but unfortunately it has. I remembered Jane's words right before we got here: 'Don't lie, just don't tell them the complete truth'.

"Nick and I just met actually. He seems really nice and we're friends, so yeah," I answer smoothly. I mentally pat myself on the back for that one.

"Alright, so your three singles Bang Bang, Style, and Blank Space are all in the Top 10 of music. That is a pretty impressive feat for being 18 and having only one album, almost two, out. You've also been nominated over 40 times this past year. You're making your way to becoming a legend, Jessica." Dan sent me a smile as he read from a paper.

I couldn't help but blush at what he said. I knew I was never going to become a "legend", but it's nice to know that people think I could.

"Thank you. I don't even know what to say. This whole experience has been the time of my life and I just hope my two angels are watching from above and keeping tabs."

But, God, Mom and Dad, do I wish you both were here with me.

"I guarantee they've never kept their eyes off of you. The rest of the world hasn't."

I smile gratefully at him.

"Alright, we have a little bit of a game in store. It'll help save your voice as well. You only have to say 'Yes' or 'No', and you don't have to explain yourself. It's called 'Never Have I'. I'm sure you've heard of it, Ellen Degeneres plays it all the time on her show."

I laugh and nod my head.

"Alright, let's get started. Never Have I been in love."

"Yes." Currently working on it, Dan.

"Never Have I gotten drunk."

"Nope." He raises his eyebrows in surprise, and I just shrug. Alcohol scared me. If I act the way I do now, who knows what I'd be like under the influence.

"Never Have I lip synced"

"Nope."

"Never Have I told a lie to the media."

"Er--yes." I laugh. This game is so uncomfortable.

"Never Have I had a nip slip."

What the hell?! "Uh, no. Well nobody was looking." Dan cracked up.