Chapter 22: Trust In Gabriel

I woke up around 12 feeling much better. My cramps have eased and I don't feel sick anymore. Thank God.

Since no ones in the house I decide I should just go back to the apartment to grab some more things and then get some homework done.

I don't feel like driving so I have Harris drive me over. The ride is pretty much silent but its not as awkward as it used to be. Although a part of me thinks that he might still be a little pissed about me sneaking passed him the other night. Oops. Guess he should be a better Bodyguard then. I'm actually surprised Jaxon's kept him assigned to me after that.

As I open my door I get the fright of my life when a pair of eyes are staring right back at me.

Fuck.

Sitting there on my couch glaring at me is none other than Gabriel.

"Where have you been? I came over last night and waited on you to come home but you never did." Shit shit shit.

I knew a day would come that I'd slip up with him. I just didn't think that it would be this soon. I knew that he just showed up at random times, I just hoped that he wouldn't realise that I barely actually stayed here. Although as far as I know, he might only know about last night.

I know lying to him will get me nowhere but I need to at least give it a try.

"I was staying at a friends." His eyebrow quirks at that.

"Where is your overnight bag then? Don't bullshit me Alejandra and your supposed to be at school right now." He seems angry, his eyes getting darker by the second. I'm not scared of him though, he'd never touch me.

My silence only fuels his anger.

"I've tried to be patient with you Alejandra but I'm at by breaking point with you right now. Don't think I haven't noticed that your never here and that you've skipped school far too many times." My face scrunches up in confusion, How would he even know that.

As if he read my mind he begins speaking again, "Your father put me down as your guardian at the school Alejandra. So, every time you skip class or don't show up its me that gets a phone call, which is just as well for you since I feel like I get one every god damn day! I have tried my best to give you the benefit of the doubt thinking that you're just being a typical teenager, skipping school to go home or to get food. But turns out you're not typical, you don't disappear for a few hours, you disappear for fucking days! Not to mention the fact that some fucking car always seems to follow you around, what the hell is that all about?
I told you at the beginning that I would give you space but I draw the line here Alejandra. I have no idea where your living at the moment since its obviously not here. I've dropped by so many times and you've not been here. I think you've forgotten who you are! I know you want to be normal but staying out all hours of the night will get you fucking killed, no no sorry, it will get us both killed!

I'm honestly so fucking close to calling your father, but I thought I'd give you the chance to explain before I do that. So, this is your time to speak Alejandra." I'm absolutely speechless at the end of that.

How did I never notice all of this. He's been nothing but generous with me and in return I'm going to end up getting him killed. He was right when he said that. If anything ever happened to me, it would be him to get the blame. I've been so caught up with Jaxon that I didn't even realise how careless I've been.

My emotions are all over the place right now and so I just burst out crying. I've been so horrible to him.

His eyes widen a little not expecting my sudden outburst of tears.