40. you promised

The red and blue flashing lights reflected on the ground, mingling and mixing in front of your eyes. The car was upside down.

You felt a cool liquid trickle down your forehead, and attempted to reach up and pat it with your fingertips.

Blood.

"Hold on, Agent! We're going to get you out!"

You didn't focus on the voices coming from outside of the car. All you cared about was finding Spencer.

Where was he...?

You tried your best to swivel your head to get a grip of your surroundings. The passenger seat was empty. Did someone already get him out of the car?

That was all you could hope for.

Beads of nervous sweat rolled down from your neck and landed in your eyelashes.

The pressure building up in your head and upper body made if feel like you were going to burst. You bowed your neck as you felt yourself slip from your consciousness again.

"Dance with me."

You furrowed your brows at the bare chest staring back at you. You angled your head up and saw that the bare chest was connected to Spencer.

Oh.. That makes more sense. But where where you?

Spencer pulled you into the open floor of the hotel bedroom, swallowing you in his embrace.

You were half naked, wearing a matching sheer set of undergarments. Spencer was in heart patterned boxers.

The underwear.. The dancing.. You were back in Hawaii.

Spencer's chin tilted down, meeting your attentive gaze. "I know there's no music, but... Just imagine something playing. You're smart."

"Oh.. Um... Okay." You nodded at his suggestion, but didn't bother to imagine anything playing.

You swayed in a circle for a couple minutes, and he suddenly spun you out of his arms, then recoiling you back.

Instead of laughing like you felt you should, you began to cry. You gripped onto his shoulders desperately, but still crumbled to the floor. Your body prickled up in goosebumps as your warm tears fell from your eyes onto your legs.

"I don't know what's happening, Spencer." You whispered, your lashes fluttering as his hand met your face. Your pupils dilated as they studied his pink tinted cheeks.

He looked away for a moment, then met your gaze again, the tone in his voice hardening. "I am nothing because of you."

Your chest tightened, and your bottom lip quivered. "W..What?"

"Nothing." He repeated.

"I feel nothing."

"I feel no.. exit wound, the metal scrap in her thigh is probably nestled in muscle." Spencer's voice was deeper, and had an accent.. A thick Boston accent. 

You pried your eyes open, and were met with a complete stranger peering down at you.

Definitely not Spencer. Just a paramedic. 

Awkward. 

"You're awake! Don't worry, we're on our way to the hospital, y/n. You were in a car accident." A comforting voice pulled your attention, and you rolled your head left to see Derek still dressed in his FBI vest.