Bonding.

Bonding.

Cookie and Lucious babysit Bella and little Prince.

Requested by _KingLyon . I know you said Walker, but I had this idea festering for a while.

Exhausted from a long day of work the night before, Cookie and Lucious intended to spend their entire Saturday lounging in bed; enjoying each other and their rare day away from work now Andre had taken back the reins on Empire and a non-pill popping Becky had stepped back as Bossy's Co-CEO. Cookie's head rested on her husband's chest, the pattern on his wife beater leaving marks on her cheek as she snuggled closer into her with a leg slung over his waist. Lucious' contently snored away with his hands resting underneath his head.

However, the couple's blissful sleep was interrupted when Lucious felt something dip into the bed and opened one eye to see his Grandson sat at the end of the bed, smiling at him. His eyebrows furrowed with confusion...what the hell was Prince doing here? And where the hell is Hakeem? While Lucious focused on little Prince, he was yet to notice his granddaughter by his wife's bedside, poking her in the back until Cookie groaned and shifted against him.

"Hi, Ducious!" The little girl chirped out, beaming at her grandfather when his head rolled in her direction.

"Hi, baby..." Lucious drawled out, still drowsy from sleep as he wondered whether he was hallucinating. "Where's your Daddy?" He questioned as Cookie stirred and slowly opened her eyes, too.

"What's with all the noise?" Cookie grumbled, sitting up. "Uh, Lucious..." She trailed when her gaze fell on her grandson, and then her granddaughter. "What are these children doing in our house? Where is your son?"

"Morning, Ma!" Cookie's eyes narrowed at the all too familiar voice...speak of the Devil, and he shall appear. Dripped in an expensive fur coat, Empire sneakers with shades covering his face, Hakeem didn't seem like he had intentions of staying, which was fine by Cookie until he said; "I'm needed in the studio, and these two can't behave..." Cookie arched an eyebrow...that was her problem because? "Te's on tour, and you haven't spent much time with your grandkids lately so..."

"No." Cookie proclaimed, immediately, when she realized where the conversation was heading.

"Ma-"

"Boy, I said no."

Hakeem sucked his teeth. "You've left me no choice..." He gently squeezed his son's shoulder as he whispered something into Prince's ear.

Prince nodded at his Daddy before turning to his grandparents. "Grandma, can I spend the dway with you, pwease?" He asked, sweetly, while struggling to pronounce all the words his devilish Daddy had whispered into his ear to repeat. Cookie felt her resistance breaking as she stared up at Lucious, whose hazel eyes were already softened.

"Please, Grandma?" Bella interjected from beside them, rocking back and forth on her feet, pouting her little lips.

Cookie smacked her lips together. "Fine!" she exclaimed, exasperatedly. "Fine," she sighed...so much for a lazy day. She glared at her son, who smiled brightly in her face. "Pick them up no later than 9, Hakeem. I know Tiana's given these babies a bedtime."

"Yes, Ma'am." Her son bowed his head in agreement before lifting his son into the air. Cookie's eyes softened at the sight of her youngest child hugging her grandson before setting him back down on the bed with a gentle kiss to the forehead. Hakeem opened his arms out for Bella, who ran into them instinctively. He squeezed her tight before kissing her forehead, too. "Be good for your grandparents. You know they old and slow."