Chapter 54

Are You Ready?

Colorful beads hang from the ceiling, covering the plain wall. Warm sun rays reflect off the beads causing a multi-colored effect to shine around the room. Her naked (s/c) skin is dotted with pink, orange, green, blue, and purple.

The (h/c) haired girl sat on the cozy blankets of her bed. She had a needle with thread in one hand and a black jumpsuit in the other. Her naked back faces the open window. Goosebumps pepper her body from the gentle flow of wind.

Time seems to go by slowly as her fingers work their way up and down to stitch the jumpsuit. The expedition to retake Wall Maria was to begin in just two hours. While her friends were preparing, she was sitting in her old home in Stohess.

Her decision to sit in silence in Stohhes may be selfish, but she really didn't care whether they viewed her as selfish or not. Plus, she wasn't doing anything selfish like getting drunk. She was simply fixing her jumpsuit for the expedition.

At first, she thought of wearing the Survey Corps uniform, but Miles had suggested they wore their black jumpsuits as an ode to Elma and because he hated the white pants. She had agreed to wear it only if they made an addition to the jumpsuit.

Once the stitching was finished, she ties a knot and cuts the excess string. She pulls up both jumpsuits in her hands with a smile on her face. Satan, she thought, I've come so far yet there is so much to do and so much to see.

Knocking brings her eyes to focus on her door in front of her, "Yo, we should get going, are you finished?"

"Yeah, just give me a minute! I'm kinda naked" she states and gets off the bed.

She puts on a black sports bra along with black elastic shorts to keep the fabric of the jumpsuit from rubbing against her thighs. She then slips on the tight-fitted black jumpsuit. She zips up the back with the help of her wind powers.

Then she fixes the high-neck collar along with the long-sleeves. She puts on her combat boots and then makes sure her leather bracelet was on her wrist. She then tucks in her necklace into the jumpsuit and covers the choker with the collar.

She opens the door for Miles to walk in and get his black jumpsuit. He walks past her to grab it and he looks down at the stitching. It was the emblem of the Survey Corps, "Huh, very patriotic."

"I thought that at least we could wear their symbol. After all, the reason you and I are alive is that they took us under their wing and kept us away from the Military Police," she replies while buckling the straps of the ODM gear on her.

Miles smirks at her, "I sometimes question myself why I let Ava ever pull you into our group. She had information on you since the very beginning and I never questioned how she did. I should have kept you away."

"The past is the past, you can't change it now," (Y/n) replies and makes sure the straps were well adjusted.

The blonde wiggles his finger and she turns around to face the wall. He takes off his shirt along with his pants. He slips on a black tight tank with black elastic shorts. He then pulls up the black jumpsuit and zips it up.

"Do you ever wonder if your life would have been different if you never got involved with us?" he asks her and she turns around to face him.

"It would have been different, actually, because I would be dead the second I met Nikolas," she replies with a small smile on her face, "I wouldn't know anything of what you and Elma taught me so my body would probably be in a river or something."

"If you weren't this goddess demon thing, then what would you have done with your life?" he proceeds to ask her while adjusting his straps on his chest and legs.