172 The Jilted Second Young Master (45)

"Jia, look." Lin Yitian excitedly presented the flowers in his hand. "Do you like them?"

Song Jia looked at the freshly cut tulips that still had droplets of rain on them. She smiled, "I like them."

Lin Yitian beamed proudly, the words 'of course she would like them, I'm the one who picked it' practically tattooed all over his face.

Wang Han came forward with a dry towel, and Lin Yitian took off his raincoat and wet boots. Song Jia watched them with a smile on her face, but underneath the table, she was anxiously trying to move her legs.

She had long since prepared herself to face and endure ALS, but when the time came, she still couldn't help but panic. The symptoms came earlier than expected, as she still had two more months left. But Nova had already warned her of this possibility. And Song Jia had also known, once the suppressing effect of the pill had worn off, the symptoms it held back would lash back tenfolds.

In fact, without the suppressing effect of the pill, Su Jia's body would have long since been buried underground.

"Second young master, you should take a bath right away."

"If I bath now, I wouldn't be able to take a bath with Jia later. You...you've clearly gotten too old, your brain is deteriorating. Isn't this basic common sense?"

Lin Yitian and Wang Han were talking just beside her, but Song Jia heard their voices as if they were several miles away.

Sweat trickled down Song Jia's face, her face paling with the effort. It seemed that her legs had turned into marble, too heavy for her to move them. She could still feel the texture of her jeans, feel itchy and cold on her legs. But she had lost the ability to control them.

Song Jia had read that for ALS patients, their awareness and consciousness would remain sharp as it always were. But their bodies would gradually fail to react the way they wanted it to, and soon, their bodies would turn into a prison where the patient could only observe their surroundings, but not interact with them.

One of Song Jia's greatest fear while transmigrating was that her astral projection would fail, and her soul would be forever trapped in outer space without a body.

She thought that rather than experiencing that, it was better for her consciousness to disappear.

Song Jia calmed down her breathing, and gently called out, "Yitian~"

Lin Yitian instantly turned around, all of his attention focused on her. His hair was still wet, and he was drying it with a towel.

Song Jia raised her arms, "Carry me to the bed? I want to go back to sleep."

Lin Yitian curved his eyes into crescents, more than happy to pull her into his arms. Because she was often tired during their 'bed exercises,' he had long since gotten used to carrying Song Jia. He liked the feeling of her body inside his arms and the fragrance that wafted off her, tantalizing his senses like an addictive drug.

"Why is your body so weak? That's why I told you to eat more vegetables." Lin Yitian's voice sounded above her head, filled with concern and dissatisfaction.

"..."

It was not that the amount of vegetables she had eaten were too few, but because this great god's stamina was too great.

Once Lin Yitian placed her gently on their bed, Song Jia took the initiative to hug his waist and lay her head on his chest. She felt afraid and didn't want to be alone.

Lin Yitian cooperated with her very well. It was very rare for Song Jia to take the initiative to get close to him. He actually wanted to laugh, but quickly covered his mouth with his hand to stifle his laughter. His chest would vibrate if he did, and it would disturb Song Jia.

The rain was pattering down the roof and strong wind rattled the windows, throwing shadows into the room. They didn't turn on the lights, so the room was dim. In the distance, thunder rumbled like a slow train.

"Jia." Lin Yitian murmured her name in a sleepy haze, his hand stroking her hair. It was so pleasant lying there, her body next to his, thinking comfortable and blurred thoughts about their future. "Where should we go on our honeymoon?"

Song Jia was wide awake. She slapped his hard abdomen lightly. "What kind of perverted things are you thinking again?"

It was too late for him to restrain his chuckle. "I was just thinking...Jia would probably look the most beautiful as a bride."

Lin Yitian had actually started researching about weddings in Baidu, and had already started preparing everything. He knew Song Jia's three sizes by heart, knew her favorite colors, and knew what kind of flowers she would be holding in her bouquet. He had also told Wang Han to catch her bouquet in advance.

That was a great memento of their wedding. How could he let anyone have it? It had to be displayed in their bedroom.

He also created a virtual simulation of their wedding, and practiced in the mirror his most brilliant smile to flash at Song Jia as she walked down the aisle. She would surely be in tears and run towards him, crying at how handsome he was. Lin Yitian would pretend to be embarrassed, and then sigh in helplessness towards the touched audience, "My wife likes me so much, what can I do?"

That way, let them know she only likes him, preventing bad people from having wayward thoughts about his beautiful bride.

Song Jia didn't respond to him. She knew that Lin Yitian was eager to have their wedding, and officially become husband and wife with her. But...she can't. As of her condition right now, she wouldn't even be able to walk down the aisle.

"Should we go to Maldives? Fiji? Paris? Or Tuscany?" Lin Yitian got more excited the more he thought about it. He squeezed Song Jia's body inside his arms. "Or we could go on a cruise and visit them all."

Song Jia sighed. "Yitian...let's not talk about this."

Lin Yitian rubbed his chin on the top of her head. The smile on his face kept getting bigger.

"Jia, don't worry, that psychiatrist told me that I'm slowly recovering. We could finally go out on a date, isn't that what you want the most? We could go hiking, camping, or maybe visit the filming site of that drama you like so much...when Xiao Hua gets older, I can take her to school by myself, and when you want to visit your family, I can go home with you."

Lin Yitian became even happier as he imagined their future life unfolding in front of him, and how he could now accompany her to the places she wanted to go. He was too inadequate as a lifelong partner before, but now that he was slowly recovering, he was determined to make it up to her.

He would be the wealthiest, most handsome, and most hardworking husband, better than those ugly actors she watched on TV. Let Song Jia fall more and more in love with him, until her heart would race every time she saw him.

He once again remembered the problems married couples often complained about on Baidu. Seven year itch? Divorce?

Lin Yitian frowned, his expression looking like it could almost kill flies between his eyebrows.

Those kind of irritating things, he would not allow her to even think about it!

Their marriage would definitely be the best definition of true love!