Lydia and Me

I woke up in the hospital, next to Lydia. I reached for my neck at it was covered with bandages. All I could see were Lydia's parents around her. They told me they were going to take me home to their house. Since Sheriff Stilinski was missing, he was still my emergency contact.

Ms. Martain took me to my house to grab a few clothes when I saw Stiles, Alli, Isaac and my dad in his office. I wanted to talk, but I didn't know if I still could. The doctor said Lydia's bruises were deep, but mine was a lot worse. The rope used to strangle me, damaged my vocal cords.

I looked at them, openeing my mouth, before reaching for my throat. "Isleen? Where have you been?" Chris crossed the room to me. I pulled out my phone, The hospital.

"It was evacuated," Stiles said.

I found something on my phone that would read what I wrote out loud. "I was with Lydia when she was strangled. Except I don't just have bruising, Ms.Blake damaged my vocal cords. Nobody was there when I woke up. Lydia's mom drove me here."

"Lena. We're sorry, we didn't know. We have a lot going on right now. Scott went with Deucalion, Melissa was taken."

I slammed my hand on the door, "And I almost died. Forget it, once again I am tossed to the side. I'm staying with Lydia for a few days."

I grabbed my clothes, throwing them in a bag. I heard someone come in, I had already typed what I wanted to say, "If you are going to defend yourself or anyone, get out!"

"Lena? Are you ok?" Isaac asked with Stiles right behind him. I turned to see him have tears in his eyes. I tried blinking my away. We met half-way and I broke in his arms. Stiles came behind me and hugged me too.

I grabbed my phone, typing. "They called your dad because he is my emergency contact. I felt so alone. I'm so scared."

Stiles wiped my tears, "I'm scared too, but we are going to find him and Melissa. I'm the big brother and I'm telling you, you are benched. Go stay with Lydia, I want you here but you need to recover." I nod at him. I hugged them both, kissing them on the cheeks. I swung my bag over my shoulder and Isaac walks me out to my car.

"I love you. I'm sorry, I wasn't there for you. I swear when this is all over, I will be a better boyfriend. A better support system and I'll be there for you, for as long as you'll have me. I love you, Isleen." I got on my tippy toes and kissed him until I felt like I did last night. The air left my lungs, I knew I was safe, but for a moment I panicked.

I hide it from him, as I drove away. I followed Ms. Martain's car. I put my stuff in Lydia's room and got my clothes for school. I heard Lydia and her mom taking at her vanity, while I sat on her bed. I kept declining Allison and Chris' calls.

"Ok, sweetheart, this is not a problem. Having gotten my share of hickeys in high school, I developed some patented cover-up methods. If you don't want to go to school honey, you don't have to."

"That's not it. It's just someone tried to strangle me... us. And we survived. We don't need to hide that."

"No. No, you don't." I watched Lydia's mom kiss her cheek. And I felt jealous I didn't have that. All I wanted was my mom right now. A mom. "But we're still gonna do your hair, right?"

"Of course we are doing my hair." Lydia and Ms. Martain were doing her hair when someone knocked on the door. Ms. Martain came in to say Stiles was here. Lydia walked out of her room, and I stayed.

"It's Isleen, right?" I nod my head. "Did you want to cover up your bruises?" I shook my head. "Do you want me to do your hair?" I looked up to meet her eyes, mine full of tears.

I typed on my phone, "Would you?"

She came over and hugged me, "Of course, honey." She curled it and put it in a half-up half-down style.

I walked out to my car and sat in the school parking lot. I looked at the school. I didn't want to go in. I wanted these bruises hidden. I wanted to go home. I wanted my dad to hold me and tell me everything was going to be alright.

My phone vibrating scared me, it was Isaac.

From: Babe Isaac

Lena. Your dad let Ms. Blake take him.

Clinical and unemotional. I tried not to panic as all three people who have are and have been like parents to me, are all taken. To be sacrificed. I couldn't go into school, not when I had so enough to worry about.

Deaton found me, a little later. Told me to go to the clinic, I saw my sister there. I was still angry but wanted to show I cared. She hugged me and I hugged her back, I stood in front of Isaac who helped keep me grounded.

Everyone else showed up and we started to make a plan to find where Jennifer Blake was keeping our parents. Deaton told us of a dangerous way to find it, but we needed Scott. Stiles and Deaton left to go get him, while Lydia, Isaac, Alli and I set up for their sacrifices.

I pull Allison aside, showing her what I typed on my phone. Let me do this.

"No, I'm doing this."

I grabbed her arm and pleaded with my eyes to let me find our dad. I can't lose him too. You can help Scott, be his anchor. Please.

"Are you sure, you want to do this?" I nod.

I ran out to my car and grabbed one of my dad's bullets he gave me when I finally accepted I was an Argent. I gripped it in my hand and showed Deaton when he asked me what I brought.

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" Isaac asked.

"Our dad made it. It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code." I held hands with Alli.

Scott showed what he brought too.

"The three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially... well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether. Lydia, you go with Stiles."

I held both Isaac and Alli's hands, but I gripped one of their hands to ask if they would. They looked at me, scared but nodded.

I let go of Allison's hand, hugging her one last time. Also, hugging Stiles, the brother I never had.

I took off my sweater I was wearing, so I had my skirt and black tank top on. I played with the bullet in my hand and looked down at the ice water. I exhaled a lot getting into the water, but this was for my dad, and the Sheriff and Melissa. For everyone who I cared about, this was to save them.

I heard Stiles start to say, "By the way, if I don't make it back and you do, you should probably know something. Your dad's in town."

I tried to speak to all of them, in case this was the end for me. I mouthed to them, I love you.

All three of us in the water look at each other before I felt Isaac's hands push me under.