Chapter 13

Before I pulled the blanket back, I already knew something was off. I knew that my leg was messed up, but I didn't know how.

White plaster locked my leg in place, no wiggle room available. The plaster is ugly, rough-looking, and rock solid. I couldn't bend my knee right now, even if I wanted to.

My hand reaches down to touch the plaster, but before I do I shake my head and my hand comes back up to cover my mouth.

"Madison? Are you okay?" Kian asks me, directing my attention towards him. My eyes meet his brown ones and he looks worried.

Tears are forming in my eyes as I try to comprehend everything. I don't remember what I did to be put in this position.

Panic starts to take over.

"What happened?" I screech hysterically. "Did we get in a wreck? Where's Christopher? Is everyone okay?" My mouth is running almost as fast as my mind is, spitting out questions quickly. I open my mouth to say even more as my anxiety rises, but Kian cuts my off by placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Shh, baby, everything is okay. Christopher is with Audrey and your dad remember?" Kian reaches to my face and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. He joins me on the bed and he helps me scoot over to where we're both comfy and I can curl up to his side.

"What?" I asked, not even beginning to understand. Am I forgetting something?

"We left him with them for a few days before we came here," he tells me. His hand strokes my hair, giving me a very soothed feeling.

"Where is here?" I say, further confused by his words. I'm far too attatched to my baby to leave him for a few days.

"Colorado? We were on a ski trip remember?" He tells me, looking deep into my eyes. I scrunch my eyebrows together. "That's how you broke your leg."

I stay silent, a tear spilling over the brim of my eyes. I look away from Kian and down to my plaster covered leg.

After a few seconds, I look back up at Kian and ask, "What happened?"

Kian's POV <surpriseeeeee bitchesssssss ;)>

Maddie and I had spent most of the day at the ski resort, ice skating before we actually went skiing.

I can't exactly say that Maddie was particularly talented at ice skating, or even skiing for that matter, but she looked cute as fuck when she did it. Despite the many years we've spent together, my breath is still taken away by my wife.

The little things she does, the faces she pulls, the sounds she makes, and pretty much everything else about her just brings a smile to my face. After all of these years I still can't get enough of her.

After we ice skated, we began to ski, which the both of us loved. After Maddie got over her slight fear the first day, we both had seemingly endless amount of fun. I was so glad that we decided to come on this trip, until the last ski slope. I told Maddie that we would get something to eat after this slope before she happily pushed off of the top of the slope and began her decent.

I laughed, pushing off just after her and skiing to her left. This slope was a little bit different than the others, the first one we were doing that wasn't for beginners or novice skiers. We had finally gotten to next level of ski slopes and I was getting excited to do the rest. It was insanely fun and to see Maddie having this much fun was even more exhilarating.

Being away from Madison is always hard, so anytime I had with her was precious and I held onto it tightly. That's why this last slope nearly gave me a heart attack.