chapter twenty

~~ y/n's pov ~~

a couple days pass, and things with clay are only growing tenser. every time i feel like i can progress he pulls back, and then i get too nervous anytime i think he might be doing something.

-

it was late one night, and i was laying in my bedroom, switching from app to app mindlessly. it got too boring to handle, so i wandered into the living room. i looked out at the balcony and admired the night. there was not a cloud in sight, and the stars were shining brightly. an idea hatched in my brain, and i headed over to the boys hallway.

i knocked on george's door first, and poked my head in.

"hey! what ya up to?" i asked him quietly, trying to hide my excitement.

"oh hey y/n, umm nothing really. i was gonna go to sleep i think, did you need something?" he answered from deep under his covers.

"oh no it's fine, sorry just go to sleep." i answered hurriedly and shut the door quickly. i hoped i hadn't woken him up or he would be incredibly grouchy the next day.

i turned on my heel and knocked on clay and nicks door. i heard a 'hmm?' in response, so i opened slowly.

i leaned through, and clay pressed a finger to his lips and hooked his thumb to the other bed in the room. nick was passed out, muttering nonsense.

i stifled a laugh, then gestured to clay to come out to the hallway. i slipped back, and headed into the main room grabbing my shoes.

he emerged shortly after, pulling on a shirt. i looked away until he came up behind me, my cheeks burning.

"are you okay? whatd you need y/n?" he asked me, voice filled of sleep.

i stood up and faced him with a mischievous grin.

"well i was going to go stargazing, and wondered if you wanted to join!"

it was a simple enough question, but there was a big piece of information i had left out.

he split into a pleased grin and bent down to get his shoes too, a silent agreement. i celebrated in my mind until he stood back up and headed for the door.

i grabbed the apartment keys quickly, and grabbed him by the arm. he was heading for the elevator, but i pulled him to the stairs.

"wha- y/n! cmon the elevator will be quicker." he expressed in annoyance, but stopped when i faced him again. his eyes caught mine and i didn't hide the blush on my cheeks this time.

"no, this way. ive got a plan." i said and started up the staircase, still pulling his arm.

his goofy laugh carried through the echoey stairwell as we climbed. we arrived at the 'top' level and as i went to open the door leading outside he stopped me.

"wait, i don't think we're allowed out here. what if an alarm goes off?" he said, eyes nervously scanning the hallway we were in.

i pointed at the note placed on the frame which conveniently said the alarm was off until further notice.

"sorry, sorry." he said with a chuckle and i pushed through.

the roof was rocky and cold, and Clay shivered as he went to sit down.

"no no no, we aren't done yet. stand back up!" i said excitedly and prodded his shoulder.

"what do you mean?" he asked me confused, then looked up. there was another roof but there wasn't any obvious stairs.

i couldn't contain my joy as i raced over to a hidden door. i pushed on it, revealing a fire ladder leading up to the top.

clay stared at me dumbfounded, and i laughed at his expression.