𝐭 𝐡 𝐢 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐭 𝐰 𝐨 : 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙢𝙗

"Thinking about you keeps me awake during the day, dreaming about you keeps me asleep at night, and being with you keeps me alive." 

"Well this is nice." I slightly choked, as Lazarus didn't even let me leave his touch at all tonight, and let me tell you, not even for a millisecond, while we were sitting on a throne like chair right in front of the whole ballroom and watching everyone enjoy themselves.

He held me closely while taking in my scent with me on his lap shamelessly, almost as if he was doing it to calm himself down, and I just sat on his thighs like a small kid, all cuddled up against him and snuggling closer.

Dahlia instructed me on having fun tonight after many days of working, and my mate refused to let me act like a servant after my revealed identity tonight, and you could tell how furious he is by the look on his face.

He didn't smile even once at all.

No grin, no smirk, no anything.

I don't know what he was thinking, heck, I don't know whether I actually want to acknowledge his complicated mind that might be so confusing that I'll have a headache. I was too busy being babied by him while everyone else was enjoying their dancing to the party music.

He would occasionally rub my covered hands with his big hands, not liking how they were covered by a beige bandage with a growl escaping his lips, making me realise he was not happy with the burns on my body, and I just fidgeted with his attire buttons to avoid the subject. My burns were absolutely fine, they healed up tremendously and were almost gone, but they will be by midnight.

His disgruntled and displeasing look did look terrifying, I'm not gonna lie. Occasionally his eyes would turn, almost as if he's going to rage, but apparently thanks to me, he's calmer than usual.

I could see Lola in the corner while she was throwing a tantrum in front of her minions, as her friends were absolutely done with her behaviour and wished she would just stop talking. She was practically screaming her lungs out without any hesitation, even allowing me to hear some of her words from a very good distance.

"That should've been me up there with him! Not her. This was not part of the plan." She cried while pulling her hair for exaggeration, seeming very frustrated.

Her plan huh? How cute.

"She looks like an angry crow." I giggled to myself in a whisper, as Lazarus was pretty unbothered about her in general and did not even acknowledge what I had commented. His glare towards my hands was way too scary, so I just did the best thing I could and squish my face into his chest to avoid his stare.

Yayyy, at least his chest doesn't glare.

He didn't complain about my actions then, as his other hand went around my waist and hooked there as if was like it's home, and my hands went around his torso in a proper cuddling position.

Oh God, he was so tense.

All his muscles were stiff and tight, not moving a muscle as I could feel his breath on my forehead, and it pained me to see him like this, starting the small voices in my head to have a debate on whether to ask him something or not.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly into his figure, making him shift a little and look down at me.

"No." He said in a monotone voice, making me gulp audibly before meeting his cold eyes.