Late Night.

Hotch set his keys down on the table next to the door as he walked into the apartment, smiling softly at the sight of you sleeping on the couch with jack. The two of you had fallen asleep watching a movie, the evidence of that being the end credits on the TV's screen. Resetting the alarm after setting down his bag, Hotch shrugged out of his jacket before deciding to wake up Jack first.

"Hey, sleepy head…" He whispered softly, gently rubbing Jack's back. "How about we get you into your own bed? You'll be much more comfortable." 

Without a word, Jack sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with one hand, reaching for his dad with the other. Smiling, Hotch picked him up, careful not to disturb you as he settled Jack in his arms, making his way towards his room. 

After Hotch had helped Jack settle back down with a story, he made his way back out to the living room, smiling at the sight of you now holding a pillow. Crouching beside the couch, he watched you for a moment before raising a hand to your hair, gently brushing a few strands away from your forehead.

"Y/n…. Sweetheart, wake up." Slowly, your eyes opened, blinking away the sleep before your gaze focused on Hotch. A smile spread across your lips, reaching for the hand resting on your shoulder, tugging it close to your chest as you cleared your throat. "I see that you and Jack had a good time, without me by the way." 

You grinned as you sat up, still holding on to Aaron's hand as you looked at the (now empty) pizza box in front of you. "Jack said I deserved it on my day off." You cleared your throat again, sleep evident in your voice as Hotch smiled. He always did love the fact that when you were getting a good night's sleep, it was clear in your voice. 

"Come on, let's get to bed." He gently pulled you up from the couch, refusing to let go of your hand as he lead you towards the room you two shared. 

That was something you always loved about him. While you two were home, whenever he got the chance, he loved having his skin on yours. It was his way to remind himself you were real.