39. Exploring the beauty

Preeti's point of view

It's 10.30 p.m. of the night. Moon came two hours before and everyone already opened their fast but there is no sign of Siddharth. I called him but he is not picking up his calls. He promised me he will come before moon shown in the sky but he was late. He never broke his promise then why he is taking so much time to come. I was feeling tired and someone banging the walls of my head but more than that I was worried for Siddharth.

My heart is beating so fast and felt heavy. Many bad thoughts were coming inside my mind but I don't want think about anything.

I hope he is fine and safe.

"Anit beta...Have you call Siddharth ji." Papa asked Anit jiju.

Everyone is waiting for Siddharth along with me in the lawn of front yard. But there is no sign of him.

"No, Papa. His phone is switched off now." Anit jiju said while shaking his head as no.

Fear is crawling inside my chest and I gulped a lump inside my throat when my chest felt heavy. I felt a moisture building up at the back side of my eyes and my hands are trembling in fear.

"Don't worry...he will be fine." Neha said while holding my hand but it was no use. My heart would not be at ease until I would not see Siddharth.

She came with Dhruv for Karwachauth fast and decided to stay when Siddharth didn't come home.

Suddenly we heard the car honks and three black SUV cars stooped at the front of our gate. Everyone stood up and looked towards the door when two body guards from each car step out and stood like a robot. But my only looking for one face, my husband, Siddharth. Andrew come outside from the middle car and opened the back seat door.

"Sid jiju come." Puja said excitedly.

I whimpered and relief pass through my whole body when I saw Siddharth step out from the back seat of the middle SUV and walking towards us with all his glory.

I lifted my lehnga with my both hands and without wasting any second I run towards him.

I jumped on him and encircled my arms around his neck. He immediately encircled his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck and hugged me tightly. My body started shaking when I started crying, unable to stop my emotions more.

"I am sorry baby. I'm late." He said while kissing at the side of my head. I break the hug and looked at him with my teary eyes.

"You promised me you will come before moon show in the sky. You know how much you scared me. I was worried for you." I said while hitting his chest.

"I know baby. But I lost the track of time." He said with guilt and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"Don't do this again to me." I said while hugging him again.

"Never.." he said while kissing me at side of my head and hugged me back.

"Aahhhmmm.." We both pulled apart when someone cleared his throat. I stood at one hand distance from Siddharth when I saw everyone is looking at us.

I lowered my head and tuck a strand behind my ear. My face turn into beetroot when I realized I hugged Siddharth in front of everyone, now everyone have one more thing added in their list to tease us.

"Sid..you don't know how much you scared us. Preeti is so closed to cry. Why is your phone switched off?" Pulkit jiju asked him with concern.

"Battery went dead of my phone and I didn't realize it." Siddharth said.