Chapter 54

"Look at Jisoo smirking at the camera," Jiyeon said with a chuckle and everyone giggled with her. Except for one person.

Jisoo Kim looked remarkably glowing amidst the cacophony surrounding her, as though she found it ridiculously amusing that she was caught in the circumstance and it gave the small audience inside the Orange a reason to cheer and smirk, for whatever valid reasons.

"And then there's Jennie," A-yeon commented, nodding on the screen where Jennie's face was shown.

The camera bulbs started flashing blinding lights rapidly on her face when Jennie walked in. She was clad in a crisp business suit and was followed by an entourage of equally smug-looking men, also in suits. Her hair was pulled in a tight ponytail. Her lips were glossy red but tightly sealed, easily making it obvious for everyone that she'd rather be anywhere than there, in that media-infested room, with the flashes blinding her.

Jennie was standing in the middle of the small podium, looking undoubtedly tiny and yet exudes such irrefutably strong character that made her look indomitable. Jennie took off the dark glasses she was wearing after a few seconds of assessing the situation in front of her, finally revealing those steely cat eyes that seemed to have mastered the art of evading and at some point, piercing through everyone's gaze and piercing through the TV screen, that the small audience inside the Orange had to hold their breath for a second. She looked irate and haughty. Annoyance was etched all over her exquisite face, probably from camera bulbs firing at her incessantly. It was evident with how she was obviously lacking the friendliness that her small audience from the Orange was lucky enough to have witnessed and enjoyed. Jennie handed her dark glasses to the tall man behind her before she bowed stiffly to the media inside one of the conference rooms of the Kim Group of Company's annex building, where her press conference was held. The room went still, except for the relentless sound of the camera shutters. It certainly was annoying.

"Alright, here we go," Jin-Ah said while turning the volume of the TV even louder so that it drowned every other sound inside the bar. Which was unnecessary, actually, considering that everyone fell silent voluntarily when they saw Jennie stepping forward closer to the microphone.

"Good day. My name is Jennie Kim, from the Kim Group of Companies. Recently, my name has been dragged carelessly in a malicious article that obviously was meant to demean my character and the company that I run and as well as the other person involved..."

"She looks scary," Ji-In commented and everyone hushed her. They wanted to hear every word that Jennie would say. But it was true, however, that Jennie looked more petrifying now with her daunting eyes and voice icy and heavy.

"Lisa and I met through a common friend--,"

The small audience inside the bar exchanged funny looks with each other. Few murmured in disagreement but were instantly drowned with hushes and hisses from the others. They wanted to catch Jennie's every word. They spotted a lie but they could discuss it later when Jennie was done talking, they decided.

"She's a professional photographer who is currently based in Europe and only visits South Korea from time to time. Whether or not she is exactly the person that the article says she is, I do not know nor would I disclose it if I am aware of it. Lisa had already fled the country and have not contacted me since then and therefore, I cannot speak for her.

"However, I'm taking this opportunity to address the main issue once and for all. My privacy was violated when those photos were taken and posted on the Internet without my consent. It disrupted my private life, as well as the people around me. Henceforth, we are taking legal actions ad shall bring this matter to the authority. My legal team, including the legal team of the Kim Security Company and the Kim Group of Companies are already preparing a lawsuit against the person and people behind this needless and pathetic attack to my name and as well as the integrity of the company. That is all. Thank you."