5.

Jungkook was halfway into his lunch detention, sitting as far away from Kim Taehyung as possible. One day into his fresh start, and he was already getting dragged down by a boy with an immature mindset. Taehyung made life seem so easy. Do what you want, to get what you want, but the truth was, you couldn't do that. Was this all an act Taehyung was putting up? Jungkook couldn't help his own thoughts, he had always been the type of person to observe another person's expression, actions and words. It was just that, that got him into a lot of trouble in his old town.

He wasn't a working professional at it of course, but he was near to a damned good one. Being a kid that always questioned the simplest things making people wonder even the deeper meanings of a hard old rusty table, Jungkook had grown accustomed to his ways of always being curious about what runs through a person's mind. At one point in his teens, he had his mind set on being a neurologist. But of course, things took and turn and now was panning out very differently for the strawberry blonde haired boy.

So when he noticed the slight frown on Taehyung's face when he realised he wouldn't be getting into deeper shit than he thought, Jungkook had begun to wonder what was really going through Taehyung's mind.

God, that mint haired male was annoying, and in under a day he was able to make it onto Jungkook's naughty list with a sharp line under his name. But even though he was trouble, even though he was rude, and even though he couldn't do anything else but smirk and joke around...Jungkook knew that there was something under that structure, something too scared to come out. Scared of the world.

But the blonde boy knew different. He knew that the world of Kim Taehyung wasn't to be meddled in because it was messy. Complicated. And was made to be ignored. So that's what Jungkook would do. Jungkook would ignore Taehyung. And only react when needed to.

Just one look could tell you everything you needed to know about a person. Just one single glance. And that was all that was needed for Taehyung too. Taehyung took one glance at the new boy and just had a hunch that this blonde boy, who seemed confident, and proud, was just as broken on the inside.

And that's what made him want to play with Jungkook even more.

Fresh meat.

Because, as you know, life in the jungle gets boring every now and then, so the lion has to find something to play with, while his guard is standing up, hard like a wall, but his attention was on the little zebra with the broken leg. Jungkook couldn't run. Taehyung knew that. At first glance, just a small boy with a lot of power. At second glance, a boy afraid to show his power. And finally, at third glance, just a new boy, who had enrolled in his new school, and was already getting into heaps of trouble.

Jungkook sighs, doodling on his book while listening to some music. He secretly pulls out his phone, changing the music to something he likes more, before shoving his phone back into his pocket. The teacher was dozing off behind a thick worldwide geography book that was upside down. Jungkook stifles a laugh, and continues to doodle random things. Am I wrong by Nico and Vinz starts to play, and suddenly Jungkook starts to feel more happy.

Music had always brought a sense of belonging to the blonde boy. No matter where you were in the world, you had different types of music to make you feel safe. And there was one thing Jungkook loved more than anything, and that was to sing. Even though he wasn't trained to sing from a young age, he picked it up as a hobby, and since then, singing was all his mind, body and soul ever reached for.

The same way a dancers body got trapped under the illusion of every beat, every bass drop, every harmonic melody, singing was also the same. You didn't have to be poetic to sing or write lyrics. All you had to be was yourself. Be true to who you are and everything came naturally. Jungkook found it rare that he ever wrote songs himself but when he did, it was like seeing a version of himself that he had never quite grasped tightly.