Part 14. D-Day Jitters

The next few days passed quickly with FAB5 recording their songs and preparing for their launch and Nandini with her exam. FAB5 had decided to make a small medley of all the songs they have in their album to give the audience a flavour of the music and they were going to close with the soft romantic number that they had made. The Malhotra Mansion was busy with the preparations of the upcoming party and Manik had decided to supervise the party himself this time instead of Nyonkia's managers. He needed the event to be perfect. It was their first album after all.

Nandini walked out of her house at 7:45 am sharp to leave for her exam. She had asked Mohan Bhaiya to come a bit early as she needed buffer time to find the exam center or in case they took a wrong turn as they were unfamiliar with roads in New Bombay. She didn't know why she was a bunch of nerves today. She thanked Manik in her head for suggesting she use the car and the driver today. She would've been even more worried if she had to find the exam center on her own.

As soon as she walked out, she saw not one but 2 cars waiting outside her house.

Nandini - Manik.. What are you doing here? Woh bhi itni subah subah?

Manik had also come over in his own car to wish her good luck for her exam. He was still in his PJs and his sleep-in Tshirt which indicated that he had not even showered yet and came to see her first thing in the morning.

Manik pulled into a hug wishing her luck.

Manik - All the best my to-be Sanki Scientist. Do well and make me proud.

Nandini - Thank you. But tum itni subah subah kyu aaye? You need to sleep well today Manik.

Manik - Main tumhe wish karne aaya tha. It's an important day for both of us. A stepping stone in our careers. I had to wish you good luck.

Nandini - Thank you so much. I love you.

Manik - Love you too. Tumne sab kuch le liya na theek se? Your seat number details and exam confirmation aur sab kuch?

Nandini - Haan. I have everything.

Manik - Stationary? Pencils, pens, that scientific calculator you need?

Nandini - Haan baba sab kuch hai. Don't worry.

Manik - But you're forgetting one thing. And I knew tum bhool jaogi.

Nandini - Kya?

He bent down near the window of his car and brought a box out from the dashboard. It had a simple but a beautiful watch in it. He removed it from the box and made Nandini wear it.

Manik - Mujhe pata tha tum watch pehenna bhool jaogi. Tumhe aadat nahi hai watches ki. But you'll need one for the exam. To keep track of time.

Nandini - Manik. I'm so glad you remembered but Manik, I'm sure yeh bohot expensive hogi. I can't accept it.

Manik - Nahi hai expensive. It's not some designer watch. Basic watch hai. Mujhe pata hai tum expensive cheezein nahi leti ho mujhse. Anyway, hum yeh argument tumhari exam ke baad continue karenge. You should leave now or else you'll get late. Mohan ko pata hai tumhara center kahaan hai toh tum seedha pohoch jaogi.

Nandini - Mohan BHAIYA. Woh tumse bade hai.

Manik - Okay Fine. Mohan Bhaiya ko pata hai tumhare center ka raasta. So you can chill.

Nandini - But unhe kaise pata?

Manik - Yesterday, I went and checked out your center with Mohan Bhaiya. So you don't panic and waste your time today. So ab tum tension free hokar jao and rock the exam. I'll wait for you after the exam.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें