Chapter 40

After reaching home, Sana doesn't leave Sid as he asks her to get down from the bike. He finds a few young boys of the building sitting on the bikes of the parking lot, looking at them and smiling as Sana holds on to him with her head on his back. Sid says," Sana please get down, we have reached home." Sana keeping her eyes closed says," Nahi, chalo phir se chalte hai, ek long drive pe chalte hai chalo." Sid removing her hold says,"Sana, it's already late now. Everyone must be waiting for us. Dekho sab dekh rahein hain. C'mon utro. We will go on a very long drive soon, I promise." Sana, still not moving a bit, says,"I know very well, who is waiting for you. Your Jaan..But you have made a deal with me, you will do as I ask." Sid taking a deep breath says,"See, I recited you my poem when you asked me, as a part of your deal. And as per the deal, you won't do what I stop you from doing. So I am stopping you from creating a scene here in the parking lot. I am stopping you from being stubborn about staying here. Please go upstairs with me." Sana lifts her head, gets down and looks at him with anger. She turns and leaves for the stairs without waiting for him.

Sid shakes his head and parking his bike, he follows her to the apartment. As they enter the room, Jaanvi sitting with Shini and Sumitraji gets up and going near Sid hugs him tightly. Sana looks at Sid who is smiling and starts thinking, 'Acha abhi smile nikal rahi hai.. When I hug him, he makes such an ugly face. Just look at his face now. Mann kar raha hai, muhn todh dun uska.' Jaanvi leaves Sid and smiles at Sana. Sid says,"What happened Jaan? Why are you so happy?" Jaanvi holds his hand and pulls him inside and says,"My presentation that I was suppose to give was loved and soon my project will start here. I might have to stay in Mumbai now for some more time. Few months or a year may be." Sana starts thinking again, 'Haye, abb Sid ki Jaan Mumbai mein kuch aur din rahegi. Few months or year? What else is in store for me! Waheguruji aapne kya socha hai? Help me!' Sid smiles and says,"That's a great news! Abhi aap ke deedar karne ke liye mahine wait nahi karne hongein." Sana looks at Sid and her thoughts are now, 'Mr.Shayar so now you love to deedar other girls? Acha? What about me?' Shini excitedly says, "Jaanvi di will now stay with us here. Isn't it awesome??" Sid smiles and looks at Sana who is now fuming with anger. Jaanvi looks at him and says,"Sid is not happy. He wants me to go away as I am occupying his room. Right Sid?" Sid looks at Jaanvi and then at Sana and not sure what to say just smiles. He then says,"Jaan this is your house. So where is this coming from?." Jaanvi hugs him again and says,"You are a sweetheart." Sana goes into her room and Sid smiles meekly at Jaanvi as she leaves him. Jaanvi says," Yaar, my company will give me accommodation. I just need to be here for a few days. I wanted to go to some hotel but mummy ne mana kiya." Sumitraji says," You have a home, why will you stay in some hotel? Till you get accomodation, yahin rehna. Right Sid." Sid stands and says, "Of couse. There is nothing to discuss about this. You are staying here."

Sid enters the bedroom to find Sana taking out her clothes. Finding Sid in the room, she tries to go away. But Sid holds her wrist and pulls her closer near him. He whispers,"Kya hua?" Sana tries to leave his hold and avoids looking at him and says,"Nothing. Go and sit with your Jaan. You must be so happy now. She is staying here for more days now. Meri aadat kharab ho gai hai. Tumhare bina mujhe neend nahi aati hai. Kya karun bolo? But you are good na, you don't have such habits. So it does not matter what has happened. Now I have to learn to change my habits to stay away from you as your Jaan is going to live here." Sid tries to look into her eyes and asks, "Am I just your habit?" Sana still not looking at him says,"Does it matter? No, you are my addiction. Happy?" Sid smiles and says,"Cigarette is an addiction which injurious to health. Am I injurious to you?" Sana looks at him and shakes her head. Sid bringing his face near her ears and whispers, "Mere kareeb rehna agar kharab aadat hai tumhare liye, then you must leave it. I will then never come closer to you again. Should I go away then?" Sana puts her hands around him and shakes her head. Sid smiles and putting his arms around her whispers,"Then why are you thinking about changing your habit. Do keep this habit of yours. I like it..", saying this, he kisses her cheek and leaves her. Sana closes her eyes and blushes and then she goes into the washroom to change. Looking at the mirror, Sana smiles and mimics Sid,"I like it.."