34.Grace & Isabella (10)

As you were nearing the base, your master notified you about traps. Trip wires that were barely visible even up close, holes in the ground that were perfectly covered and some plates that would activate if stepped on. It took you half an hour to finally get to a hut, time didn't matter as long as you got there safe.

Master: "Grace come with me, you guys go in only if something goes wrong or if they manage to escape from us and try to run."

After a nod from you they move out and get closer to the hut. When they hide behind one of the walls your master peeks through the window. She seems to have noticed something and gestures for Grace to move to the right side of the hut. You questioned yourself why they went to the right side when the entrance is on the left. You couldn't see what they were doing from here so you kept on looking through the window until you noticed someone coming closer to the window. Your master warned you about your tails and how they can give you away, especially if you're hiding, so you grab your tail and hide behind the tree. A few seconds of silence and you hear something hit the window pretty hard. A minute passes and your body tenses up as you hear footsteps coming your way, but your muscles relax when you hear Grace's voice.

Grace: "It's clear."

Isabella: "How many were there?"

Grace: "Two, one of them has something interesting."

Mya: "Interesting?"

Grace: "Come."

Grace then turns around and starts walking back to the hut and you follow her. Once you step into the hut you notice the two men laying unconscious on the ground. You then look to the side and see a bed, the bed sheets were messy which only meant that someone used it not long ago. You then looked to the middle of the room where a table with a few chairs was placed, your master stood next to the table and was reading some papers.

When she noticed you coming closer, she pushed all the papers off the table and placed a map on it. The whole map had red marks all over it. Your master trailed her finger from the middle to the left side of the map, where a red circle marked a forrest. She raised her gaze to look at you all to see if you understood what that place is, her eyes stopped on you and your questionable expression.

Master: "This is the place we lived in."

She then looks back at the map and starts looking through it intensely until she points her finger at an x mark this time.

Master: "We will leave tomorrow, let's rest for now cause we might not get any more chances like this again."

Grace inspects the map and looks more closely at the place your master pointed at a second ago.

Grace: "Why would they mark a place that has been destroyed for a really long time?"

Master: "They could be hiding something there or the stories I've heard are true and there is a city underground."

Isabella: "A city underground?"

Master: "You would have to see it for yourself."

Your master then takes the map from the table and puts it in her pocket.

Master: "I think I'll go look around, you should sleep while I'm gone."

For a split second she looks at Grace and then turns to leave. Grace sighed when your master dissapeared into the dark woods.

Grace: "Isabella, go sleep with them."

You look at the two wolf girls snuggling next to each other on the ground and then look back at Grace.

Isabella: "Are you not going to sleep with us?"

Grace placed her hand on your head and gently patted your head.

Grace: "I'll sleep when our master gets back."

Isabella: "Then I'll stay up with you."

Grace: "Our master warned us that this might be the last time we will get some rest, you out of all of us should rest-"

You like to be cared by her but this was getting a bit annoying.

Isabella: "Then I'll stay up instead of you, you might be more tired than me anyway."

Her eyes widened with surprise.

Grace: "Why do you have to be so persistent? Alright, we will stay up together then."

Isabella: "Yes!"

You said that a bit louder than you wanted but Grace just smiled and moved her hand away from your head. She then went to the table and picked up the two chairs and placed them near the window, one on each side. You went over to one of the chairs and was about to sit down when Mya called out to you two.

Mya: "One of you can come sleep with us, I can promise you that we will make it pretty comfortable for you."

You glance back at Grace and she looks at you as well. Even though the offer is pretty tempting you decide to stay up with Grace.

Isabella: "I t-think we're gonna stay up a bit longer."

Mya: "Your loss."

You sit down and look out the window, it was getting pretty dark.

Grace: "You should have accepted her offer, she wasn't lying when she said she would make you comfortable and besides, this will get pretty boring."

Isabella: "I don't care, I wanted to stay up with you."

Grace: "I see."

Before this could turn into an awkward silence, you decided to ask her a question.

Isabella: "Can you tell me more about the things you will show me after all of this is over and maybe some things that I don't know about?"

Grace: "Sure!"

She answered happily.

The next couple of hours you spent listening to what Grace has seen, read or heard about in her life. She also explained a few things about the underground city and magic. She had a lot more that she wanted to talk to you about but your master came back and interrupted your conversation.

Master: "Isabella? You're still not sleeping?"

Before you could say anything Grace answered for you.

Grace: "Trust me, I've told her to go to sleep but she kept insisting on staying up with me or even taking my place so I could sleep."

A smile spread across your masters face as she came closer to the window where the two of you were sitting.

Master: "Okay then, I'll take over from here, good job you two."

Grace stood up and walked over to you.

Grace: "C'mon, you look tired."

Grace took your hand and dragged you near the wolf girls and sat down next to them. You did the same and when you did, one of her hands wrapped around you and forced you to lean into her. She gently pushed your head against her shoulder and started petting you.

Grace: "Goodnight, Isabella~"

Isabella: "Goodnight."

A few seconds passed and you were already asleep.
.
.
.